1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amp set up

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by bananacat, May 5, 2005.

1. bananacat

bananacat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    please help me with the best way to set up my amp i have just bought an alpine mrp-m350 it has 3 setting on it bass eq, gain and lp filter what would give the best sound :lease:

2. jason7579

jason7579

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Is it for a Sub Woofer?

3. bananacat

bananacat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    yep rockford 12"

4. jason7579

jason7579

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    I'm not familiar with that amp but first adjust the lp filter so you cant hear any thing from the sub apart from bass, but make sure you do it just on the border of hearing mid range through it otherwise you won't get full use of your sub. Then put your headunit onto the loudest you will listen to it, usually about 3/4 way up, and turn the gain up until the sub starts distorting then turn it down to just past the limit where the sub distorts. I keep my gain just under half way, it all depend on the pre-out voltage It is NOT a volume control. Not sure about the Bass EQ but I think it should stay on 0

Hope this helps, its easier to do it when you have the amp in front of you then explain in writing