Which one do you recommend me?

• audiolab

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gonchi1970

Novice Member
Dear all

I am interested in a new integrated amplifier, mainly to listen to CD´s and probably in the future, some kind of streaming service.

I need your advice, because I am considering three options:

Cambridge Audi CXA80

Arcam A29

Audiolab 8300A

I have Monitor Audio RS6 speakers

Which one do you recommend me?

Thanks in advance

Gonzalo

muljao

Yamaha as801 :) sorry

Leelo

Arcam

Fraziel

The Arcam is the best amp out the 3 imo. I just bought one! But in terms of balance the Audiolab might be better. The Arcam is not laid back as many say it is but it is quite smooth with a little warmth. I don't find that Arcam goes especially well with Monitor Audio as Arcam amps have some warmth as do Mon Audio speakers usually. I would say demo the Audiolab and the Cambridge. Out of interest HIFI choice just did a group test and the Audiolab 6000a was rated a better than the Cambridge CXA80 so i expect the 8300 will outperform the Cambridge.

Deaf Leopard

Standard Member
Just a thought but have you considered looking at Marantz Amps? The 6006 has a fantastic DAC and would be great if you are considering Streaming down the line. If listened to the Cambridge CXA60 (Younger brother of the CXA80) and i'll be honest i wasn't that impressed with it and felt the Marantz gave me more for what i was looking for.

My dad has an Arcam A19 and pairs it with Dali Zensor 5 speakers and it does give a terrific sound but when i tried it with my Monitor Audios Bronze 2's i didn't perticularly like what i was hearing.

All the amps you've mentioned you should be able to Demo (Depending on where you are) and i would say thats the best option before buying.

kinggoose99

Novice Member
I have the exact same setup at home
Monitor Audio RS6 and the Arcam FMJ A29.
I am very pleased with the result and it has a warm sound and plenty of bass if that's what you like. Pretty good for jazz, r&b, hiphop, dance music, but in general everything i throw at it sounds good to me.

I have a Arcam rDAC hooked up as well. Mainly listen to lossless and Spotify.

Numpty112233

The Arcam is the best amp out the 3 imo. I just bought one! But in terms of balance the Audiolab might be better. The Arcam is not laid back as many say it is but it is quite smooth with a little warmth. I don't find that Arcam goes especially well with Monitor Audio as Arcam amps have some warmth as do Mon Audio speakers usually. I would say demo the Audiolab and the Cambridge. Out of interest HIFI choice just did a group test and the Audiolab 6000a was rated a better than the Cambridge CXA80 so i expect the 8300 will outperform the Cambridge.
FWIW - Hifi Choice rated the Cambridge better than the Audiolab http://ebook-dl.com/magazine/hi-fi-choice-february-20175199.pdf

Numpty112233

I have the CXA-80 going to MA Gold300 (previously Silver 8) and love the sound. I don't use the CXA-80 DAC though but the one in the CXN instead for my CXC as it sounds better.

Rockets

Personally I would just go out and demo amps with similar MA speakers to what you have. Most of the +£600 stereo integrated amps are pretty decent one way or another.

It really comes down to how you like your music. Analytical sound may be your thing where every little detail can be precisely placed or you may like a really smooth sound with less detail.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom