• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amp Recommendation for Sonos

Beancounter

I've not had a sound system in the lounge for ages so started looking for something.I started off thinking of the Sonos Playbar but decided against it as I didn't think £600 was good value.

I then purchased a Sonos Connect for the lounge with the intention of buying a Hifi system to hook it up to. However, I've tried a couple of systems I've not been happy with.

Now got to thinking that perhaps a home cinema amp might be the way to go. My budget is pretty modest but seen the Yamaha YHT298 for £230 and am thinking of this one.

I only have 2 HDMI ports on my telly but 3 things to attach so it would solve that problem. Having the Sonos connect would also let me move the router and Sonos bridge to another room saving some power points.

My big question is will I get an acceptable audio quality for music or are these amps best left for movie/telly viewing only?

As I will be using this as much for music as telly viewing am I better just sticking to the hifi idea?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom