1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amp problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by harpal, Aug 3, 2004.

1. harpal

harpal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

not sure this the right thread for this but her goes anyway I have a yamaha amp htr 5540rds hooked up to my kef kht 2005.2 this has been work fine 4 months but recently when I changed inputs or change menus on a dvd I get a huge thump every time not sure what is @ fault here the amp or the sub.

Many Thanks

Harpal

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    It sounds like you have blown the muting transistor on the amp,Have you been pulling the sub cable out when powered up,I dont think it is expensive to have it repaired though.
    Cheers Gonzo.

3. harpal

harpal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gonzo,

thanks for reply the amp is under warranty I did have a re-cabling day where I sorted out all my cabling as it was all over the shop so indeed I may have pulled out the sub cable cannot rule it out. oh well will have to carry the amp back to richersounds for repair.

Harps

4. cityonfire

cityonfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah its a fairly common fault with just that model yamaha. Its exactly what Gonzo mentioned. Its very easy to fix, should be not much of a delay. Had a few back at the shop i used to work at. Funny thing was most of the time people were using KEF subs? Dont know if there was anything in that?