1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amp Problem

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by powder40, Aug 5, 2004.

1. powder40

powder40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just switched my Musical Fidelity A 308 amp on after about a week of inactivity and I got a faulty right speaker output on the back the sound is crackling and quiet please can anyone suggest what to do one min it was fine now its gone like this and the units just out of the warranty

2. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Turn it off, unplug and check all the cables from source to it and from it to the right speaker, if your lucky there is just a loose connection. If you use banana plugs check the cable is tight, sometimes they slip a bit so are hardly actually connected to the plug.

Do these basics and then you can either go phew, or get slightly more nervous!!

Steff

3. powder40

powder40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plugged in another cd player and its fine so I take it its a prob with the player Im not happy Its A Densen B 400 cd player wich cost 1200 quiid about three years ago so its out of the warranty and I'm not sure what to do

4. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have you tried plugging the Densen back in since then to check it wasn't a loose cable.

Also with the Densen plugged back in swap the left and right cables around just to be ultra paranoid. If with densen back in and swapped round cables it's still coming out of the same speaker and then you swap back to the differnce cd player then it looks like it could be the Densen. It's worth the extra checking to be safe it's not just a cable problem.

Thanks

Steff