Amp plans changed, help me find a good amp ! Yamaha rxv1900 is a no go

VAMOS DAN

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After measuring my cabinet i am not going to be able to squeeze my on order 1900 in :(

So im looking at other options, want to keep with something similar spec wise and around the same price or less.

What are being classed as some of the ''Best'' amps around at the moment based on my specs

They will be powering Kef 3005 speakers

My brother has mention Marantz SR6003, any opinions?

Any help is appreciated guys as im going to have to change my order VERY soon :lease:

Most similar spec. and priced units are the same height or taller so I suggest you look for a bigger cabinet!

You should think about this anyway as all amplifiers need a good flow of air around them in order to stop them overheating so it is no good fitting something else in with a few millimetres to spare!

Most similar spec. and priced units are the same height or taller so I suggest you look for a bigger cabinet!

You should think about this anyway as all amplifiers need a good flow of air around them in order to stop them overheating so it is no good fitting something else in with a few millimetres to spare!

Hi, i know about the airflow, and its not the height that is the problem with the amp at all it is just the depth. ///worst comes to worst with heating then iv looked t the possibility of adding a fan.

The 1900 has a depth of about 430 ish i think and max i can go is about 410.

Why did you not measure your cabinet before ordering it?

You won't require anything special to drive them.

lol is this pick on Vamos day!? :rotfl: it was a simple stupid mistake, we all make them. My own fault but its not the end of the world. I could even keep the amp and have the cantilever wall mounted but i dont think it would look rite, so at the moment im just looking for suggestions for alternative amps. :smashin:

Not after anything special but just peoples opinions on what amps out there are good and worth the money based on other experiences

That damn to cabinet of yours!!

410mm - is that it?

Arcam 280.. Not a lot of features and hd audio via analogue only but superb performance and only £400 (rrp 1200). BUT 420mm depth :eek:

dimensions.gif

these are the specs, so maximum DEPTH the amp can be ideally is about 410 mm

dimensions.gif

these are the specs, so maximum DEPTH the amp can be ideally is about 410 mm

You should be able to place a receiver amp in there because the unit has an open back. The amp may protrude a little, but this is a minor annoyance rather than a prohibitive issue.

You should be able to place a receiver amp in there because the unit has an open back. The amp may protrude a little, but this is a minor annoyance rather than a prohibitive issue.

with the cantilever on the back it would still get in the way even if i cut the back, so i couldnt even cut the back and leave it overhanging :(

ACT1100-BR-DW-nokithigh.jpg

What about doing away with the backboard and wall mounting the TV?

could do this, but hpw easy is it to make something like that look ''tidy'' ?

Ideally id prefer not too but its an option im willing to look into

The marantz has dimensions of : W: 440mm - H: 160.5mm - D: 388mm, so this would fit no problems

could do this, but hpw easy is it to make something like that look ''tidy'' ?

Ideally id prefer not too but its an option im willing to look into

The marantz has dimensions of : W: 440mm - H: 160.5mm - D: 388mm, so this would fit no problems

I think you're are putting the cart before the horse and getting your priorities the wrong way around.

I'd of bought the receiver first or at least ensured the unit being purchased would accommodate components.

What about an ancillary rack to the side of the main cabinet?

I still say do away with the backboard and have the TV on the wall. I dislike those types of unit anyway. They look a lot less chic than havinfg the TV on the wall itself and merely try to emulate that very thing. They are only usefull if the unit is to be placed away from a wall in a more central location, in an open plan flat for example.

Last edited:
I think you're are putting the cart before the horse and getting your priorities the wrong way around.

I'd of bought the receiver first or at least ensured the unit being purchased would accommodate components.

What about an ancillary rack to the side of the main cabinet?

I still say do away with the backboard and have the TV on the wall. I dislike those types of unit anyway. They look a lot less chic than havinfg the TV on the wall itself and merely try to emulate that very thing.

Where's the best place to look at the wall arm thingys then, what is their proper name?

thing is i have bought and built the stand now, whereas the amp is still nowhere in sight as of yet, so im not too bothered by changing the amp, maybe even downscaling to save a few notes also.

Where's the best place to look at the wall arm thingys then, what is their proper name?

Can't you adapt the mount/bracket that came with the unit? How does it attach to the backboard, and can't you simply use the same method to attach it to the wall?

Can't you adapt the mount/bracket that came with the unit? How does it attach to the backboard, and can't you simply use the same method to attach it to the wall?

Unfortunately not im afraid :(

Whats the best between the:

- Yamaha DSP-AX863SE

and

- Marantz 6003

Any opinions guys?

Unfortunately not im afraid :(

Right then. Attach two battons to your wall then attache the back board to the battons and the TV mount to the backboard. You can even hide wires behind the backboard.

Alternatively, buy a new TV wall mount.

The Marantz 6003 would be better IMO. My previous link compares the 6003 quite favourably with the 1900 and the 1900 is definitely a better amp than the 863se. I have listened to a 7001 and was impressed too. Also, the 4002 is an av receiver that I was looking to buy a little while back. I got my 861se (same sq as 863se) ONLY because it was, at the time, £50 cheaper.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom