• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amp pairing

Andycs1

Novice Member
Firstly, excuse my ignorance, i'm just getting into the world of hifi separates...

I bought a set of Zensor 3 speakers including a vokal speaker recently in an amazing gumtree deal. Previously I've used my Denon Mb41 HiFi with older speakers but now obviously I need an amp, something more powerful and with more connections than this system. I'd like to run them with my TV but also with bluetooth connection and potential to add CD player etc.

So please, any suggestions on good amp pairings would be great. Something I can wire in the Vokal speaker to as well, which presumably I do just on a third + - port?

I'm a professional orchestral trumpet player with a taste for metal music so something capable of both ends of that spectrum!

Thanks

D

Deleted member 39241

I presume your vokal speaker is intended to be used as a centre speaker for movies / TV, and then you would not use it for stereo music listening?

If that is the plan then you need to buy an AVR, but most AVRs are not very good at reproducing stereo music, with the exception of Arcam. If you can still get hold of the outgoing FMJ range, they are massively discounted and would be a good buy for both music and movies / TV.

If you gave up on using the vokal as a centre speaker, and just stick to a stereo set up with the Zensor 3 speakers, then you have lots of options for stereo amplifiers across a wide range of price points.

ashenfie

Distinguished Member
I am finding it hard to understand what you have purchased. A pair of Zensor 3 and a single Vokal, is that a center speaker?

Andycs1

Novice Member
I presume your vokal speaker is intended to be used as a centre speaker for movies / TV, and then you would not use it for stereo music listening?

If that is the plan then you need to buy an AVR, but most AVRs are not very good at reproducing stereo music, with the exception of Arcam. If you can still get hold of the outgoing FMJ range, they are massively discounted and would be a good buy for both music and movies / TV.

If you gave up on using the vokal as a centre speaker, and just stick to a stereo set up with the Zensor 3 speakers, then you have lots of options for stereo amplifiers across a wide range of price points.
Thanks very much, will look into AVRs

Andycs1

Novice Member
I am finding it hard to understand what you have purchased. A pair of Zensor 3 and a single Vokal, is that a center speaker?
It is. I was looking at Dali bookshelves then this deal came up locally so I went for it. All three were less than I was expecting to pay for the speakers so it just seemed a good buy

ashenfie

Distinguished Member
Sound like you have found a bargain. If you intend to watch movies then an AVR is what you need, as above. If it's music then maybe look at something like the Audiolab 6000a.

Andycs1

Novice Member
Sound like you have found a bargain. If you intend to watch movies then an AVR is what you need, as above. If it's music then maybe look at something like the Audiolab 6000a.
Thanks, i'll have a look and see what deals there are about. I would like to use the centre speaker though so will perhaps go down the AVR route. Again thanks for the help

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom