1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amp pain

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Lithian, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Lithian

Lithian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On tuesday i was in Edinburgh seeing some friends and i took some time out and wandered across town to Richersounds because i hadn't been yet. I had a mad idea that i was going to try and order in a Marantz SR4300, i saunter in, tell the guy that i am interested in the 4300 and he goes off and fetches one... yikes, i didn't actually expect one to be in stock.

It was the last one, and judging by richers stock control i took it that day.

After the formalities the guy asks where my car is... car... hmm...

Of course, i dont like to drive into Edinburgh so i took the train, my car was 40 miles away.

So the guy rigged up a handle out of strong sticky tape and set me on my way.

Little did i realise exactly how far i am from my friends flat where some of my clothes and DVD's were, the flat is in Haymarket. Check this Map

Haymarket on the left, richers is around where it says 'cath' in the top right.

Yep, i walked all the way back with the amp, i wouldn't have thought it would be a problem, except i never realised quite how big it was, or heavy, the box weight is 15kg and its blinkin awkward.

So why did i call this post 'amp pain'? Because its now the day after and my arms and fingers are hurting. :(

I have made a decision, no more buying hardware without a car or it being delivered.

add.: oh, and did a taxi drive past me? no, not a single one! I really had to walk! pah, exercise :thumbsdow

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    You know what ther say:

NO GAIN WITHOUT PAIN :)