1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amp music question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by newbie265, Oct 31, 2003.

1. newbie265

newbie265

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I see a lot of reviews/posts sayins how some amps are good for music (eg marantz)and some good for films.Well I am looking to upgrade my pioneer amp (only 30wpc) to play suround sound .I play a lot of music dvds so when people say good for films not so good for music does this just refer to stereo cd play or music dvds as well?
    Was thinking about pioneer vsx-d812 by the way.

2. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    Hi there - to the best of my knowledge, they are really referring to stereo CD's as opposed to the 5.1 digital sound from music DVD's. These sort of comments are, I believe, really aimed at audiophiles who are looking for the truest stereo sound reproduction they can get. I personally have a Denon AVR-2802 and thoroughly enjoy listening to music DVD's played through it from my Pioneer DV-717 DVD player.
    I hope this is of some help to you.

3. newbie265

newbie265

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for that think I'll opt for the pioneer then which is in my budget unless any of you good people know better?
    Also given its 6x100w would it be ok to use with mission 70 which are 75w pc or the other option i thought of was mission m34,mc2,mds or quadII .