1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amp keeps switching off!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JampoTT, Oct 26, 2003.

1. JampoTT

JampoTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help....

I've been having major problems with my AV setup just recently....

My sub stopped working intermittently, then gave up the ghost altgother. Thats been looked at and sorted separately...

I rewired my Kef eggs to a mate's amp (or rather he did) to check stuff out, but since wiring it back to my Marantz 5200 again, if left playing even through the TV for a short space of time (approx 5 mins) the Amp switches itself off...

I'm presuming there is some sort of crossed wire somewhere, but having checked all the connections, nothing appears to be touching...

Is there anything else I can check?

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    My mate has just had is amp in for repair as it kept cutting out, just after he had someone in to look at his Sky box. The amp was OK and he was told to take his speakers in to be looked at they found the centre speaker at fault. The metal connecters had fallen out and he reconnected them Black to Red, Black to Red, rather than to the same colour.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It might just be a single strand, barely visible, which cause a shortcut. Check again.
    Of course it might be possible that the amp itself is faulty. Does it get too hot?

4. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +577
    unplug one cable at a time and go right round the cables with a multi meter on continuity ( is that spelt right)?