Amp keeps blowing

S

sbadvm

hi,

I brought some Quad 11L's home from my local dealer today so I could try them with my system before deciding to buy.Up to now I've been using kef cresta 2's and have been happy with them and haven't had any problems in the 2 yrs I've had them.

I'm using a rotel ra971mkII amp which is pre amped to a yamaha rx-v630rds.I connected the speaker wire to the quads and switched the cd player on and all of a sudden the rotel went off.No power at all.I took the cover off and found 2 fuses inside had blown.I replaced the fuses with ones out of an old receiver I have here and tried again....making sure that everything was wired up properly.After about 30 secs of playing the rotel blew again.

Can anyone give me an idea why?Are the quads that hard to drive?I would've thought the rotel would be plenty powerful to run them easily.

I'm running them bi-wired with silver anniversary speaker cable.

Any ideas please?

thanks,

steve.

Don't risk further damage as something is seriously bugging the Rotel. Useing a process of elimination should help to identify the guilty kit. Keep things as simple as possible start from the begining and reconnect everything 1 thing at a time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom