Amp help sought - pair with QA Concept 20's

Jkb89

Novice Member
Hi all,

I've just purchased some Q Acoustic Concept 20 as I thought they appeared to be a bargain (circa £200).

I'm currently running my old amp (Cambridge Audio topaz AM1 and an old turntable that I've had for a few years (revolver brand? ortofon green cart).

I also run music via spotify via an aux-phono lead from my phone.

I'd like to upgrade the amp as I'm sure it's the weakest link now, but not sure where to go - Richer sounds have a deal on the Rotel A11 tribute for £429, which seems to get mentioned a lot.

Any advice on whether this would be a good pairing? I'd prefer new/open box with some warranty rather than buying used.

Many thanks
Joe

Ugg10

Distinguished Member

musketman

Standard Member
Following advice received on here, I've just paired mine with a NAD C316BEE v2 and am very happy indeed. It appears to be a classic combination.

muljao

I'm not sure what your weakest link is but feeding Spotify to your amp through a phono cable is almost certainly not getting the best sound you can from Spotify unless you have a phone with a very good headphones out

Helix Hifi

Denon PMA800NE. I’ve read Rotel amp has strange volume control.

Do you want amplifier with build in streamer or an old fashioned classic amplifier?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom