• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Amp for Sonos Connect

Tboggie

Established Member
Hi,

I am looking for a Stereo Amplifier for my Sonos Connect - ZP90.

My plan is to connect two monitor audio CT280 ceiling speakers to the Amp, which will also be connected to the Sonos Connect. This will hopefully allow me to stream music in the Kitchen.

I found a Cambridge Topaz AM1 Amp on Ebay for a good price, but I would like to find out if this Amp will work fine with the Sonos Connect and Ceiling Speakers.

It will be located in a cupboard in the kitchen, next to the Sonos Connect.

Thanks,
T

DT79

Distinguished Member
Any integrated amp will work fine, but if your intention is to shut the amp away in a cupboard and control the volume via the Sonos app, then you don’t need an integrated amp, you just need a power amp. Just make sure you set the sonos Connect to variable output and turn the volume down initially before attempting to play anything.

Tboggie

Established Member
Thanks for the information.

Will any power amp suffice or do I have to spend more on the power amp to get better sound quality from these speakers?

I found this PROMETHEAN POWER AMPLIFIER on eBay. I could go for this or find another one that could perform better. Budget is £100 for the power amp.

Also, the smaller the better, as I would like it to fit in the cupboard.

DT79

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the information.

Will any power amp suffice or do I have to spend more on the power amp to get better sound quality from these speakers?

I found this PROMETHEAN POWER AMPLIFIER on eBay. I could go for this or find another one that could perform better. Budget is £100 for the power amp.

Also, the smaller the better, as I would like it to fit in the cupboard.

It calls itself a power amp, but then it has volume control and source selection, so it’s actually an integrated amp. Have a look on eBay for a second hand Arcam power amp, you know what you’re getting with a brand like that and plenty within budget.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom