1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amp for Mission Cinema 6 pack?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gpegler, Feb 4, 2001.

1. gpegler

gpegler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Cinema 6 pack speaker set from Mission which sound pretty good even simply connected to my Toshiba RP TV using it's internal Dolby Digital and speaker outputs.

I would like to get a home cinema amp to drive the speakers properly. I was thinking initially of spending roughly the same amount as the speakers cost, £300. Maybe a Yamaha A5 or a Sony DB840 (Any other suggestions greatly received)

I have read all the good reviews of the Denon 3801 on here and elsewhere. Would this amp be too good for my speakers? Should I stick to my original plan and buy something around the £300 mark?

If I choose the Sony, will I have this problem with the 'hissing' from the centre channel or has that been fixed now?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

2. pauld

pauld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably the best thing to do would buy the Denon AVR3801 if your budget will stretch to it. I always say buy the best you can afford and then if you really get bitten buy the home cinema bug, you can upgrade to the better speakers and dont need to change the amp.
    I have a Denon AVR3801 and run a complete 7.1 setup and I am over the moon with the amp.
    Good luck with your final choice and I am sure that whatever you buy, you will have hours of entertainment.

Paul.

3. Kahless

Kahless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about the Kenwood 7030D with DTS, I just got one from www.empiredirect.co.uk and it sounds fantastic. RRP £300 at empire it's £200 plus £8 postage, I ordered last sunday and got it on wednesday. If you do order though ring them on the number on the web site as your order will be dealt with quicker. (they have other amps).

Regards

Robert