Amp for Linn Ninka floor standing speakers and Condesa Lucia Rotary Mixer

Declan117

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

First of all, I'd like to mention that I am new to the wonderful world of Hi-Fi and I would like to ask you, well-seasoned veterans, for advice on a few things.

I have just inherited some Linn Ninka speakers and id potentially like to integrate them into my set up. I am currently running a DJ set up of two technic's 1210s and a Pioneer DJM800, running into some Yamaha HS8s, which works nicely. That being said, I have just purchased the beautiful Condesa Lucia rotary mixer to replace the DJM800 and I am moving the HS8s to my music studio for other purposes. Therefore, I was hoping to use the newly inherited Ninka speakers as a replacement. Of course, I will need to purchase an appropriate Amplifier to drive my Ninka's. Does anyone here have any good, relatively inexpensive Amplifier recommendations? (Ideally £500 or less)

I was looking at the Blue Aura v40. From what I have read, this thing seems like a good entry-level amp as it's small and well priced. Also, I like the idea of some added valve warmth but not a necessity. I am not really interested in Bluetooth/digital capabilities but it's a nice added bonus, I guess.

On the other hand, I found a Pioneer SA 508 Stereo Integrated Amplifier (i believe from 1979) for a good price at around £150. If I'm not mistaken, I believe this amp was from the 'silver series' and is a well-regarded amplifier. What are your thoughts? My only worry is that the amp is rated at a mere 25watts per channel and I am unsure if that is enough wattage to drive the Ninkas.

In a nutshell, I am after an amplifier that is capable of driving the two Linn speakers and at the same time will do the Condesa Lucia justice. All that, without breaking the bank. I have already dipped deep for the Condesa and id prefer not to go overboard on an amplifier.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any other amps or any advice on the two previously mentioned?

Thanks in advance

Dec

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom