1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amp For Kef Q4's

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Simba, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Simba

Simba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HEY

im wanting an audio setup for movies and listening to music. im not currently interested in surround sound (budget) so im going for the L+R speakers at the moment.

the speakers im interested in are the kef q4's .....since reading the review http://www.kef.com/reviews/pdfs/uk/uk_Q AV WV 0604.pdf

in last months mag june 2004.

my problem is that i dont know of a suitable amp to power these speakers. for audio and dvd ill be using the awesome sony dvp-ns930. so i want an amp that can do these speakers the justice they deserve. im looking to spend around the same as the speakers, £400-450.

the denon 1804 luks good but im not sure......plz hellp!

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    If you can strectch your budget a little bit the Arcma AVR200 at £600 from any Sevenoaks would noticebaly ouperform anything else at that price point for stereo reproduction. If youn are looking for something a bit swicher with more bells and whistles (but usually lower sound quality) then the new Pioneer VSX-D814 would be worth an audition.

3. Simba

Simba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i checked out the review of teh arcam u quoted but i wasnt impressed. instead i checked out a pioneer, the vsx d912......and with a 5 star review and brilliant features im almost convinced that this is the amp for me..........wot do u think??

4. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Marantz PM 7200 or 7200 KI... :thumbsup:

5. Simba

Simba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

is that for home cinema aswell? u see im wanting the amp to be for home cinema and music but i plan on buying the additional speakers later.

the pioneer luks pretty good ? any other quality amps in my price range?