Amp for Kef 5005? Seeking advice - thx

emad

Banned for trading fraud
Reaction score
Hi all :hiya:

I have just picked up a Kef 5005 package and want to enlist your help in chosing and amp / receiver for HC setup.

I will be connecting to a Pioneer 504 plasma and would therefore seek an amp that has an audio delay feature - to correct any lipsync issues.

Budget is £700

I did not decide on a DVD as yet - but will go for an HDMI one to complemet the Plasma maybe a Pioneer 868i or 668i.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Emad

you've mentioned the 3804 is out now on a couple of threads.. it doesn't exist on Denon's website. There is an 1804 but I can't find the 3804. i thought they skipped it, 3803 is current and the 3805 is the next release

Chris

www.leconcepts.com have a price at 700pounds, but they are out of stock, I wonder if they are affected by the new Yamaha policy and withdrawing stock from Internet retailers.

www.hyperfi.co.uk advertises it for 700 as well. While www.petertyson.co.uk and www.avland.co.uk sells it for 800pounds.

www.hificomponents.de also seem to be affected somehow, with a expected delay of 45days. Otherwise, their price of around 500pound delivered, is 200pounds lower.

Wasabi

Thank you all your input

Does the Yamaha 1400 have audio delay feature?
How does it stake against the 3803?
Are these two an overkill for the Kef 5005

Many thanks

Emad

Originally posted by chrisgeary
you've mentioned the 3804 is out now on a couple of threads.. it doesn't exist on Denon's website. There is an 1804 but I can't find the 3804. i thought they skipped it, 3803 is current and the 3805 is the next release
You may well be right chris personally i am not keen on the denons thought i had seen the 3804 but it may have been the 05, Oh well you cant be right 100% of the time.

Originally posted by emad
Thank you all your input

Does the Yamaha 1400 have audio delay feature?
How does it stake against the 3803?
Are these two an overkill for the Kef 5005

Many thanks

Emad

Emad, don't know if the Yam has audio delay - the 3803 certainly has. I would be inclined to suggest picking one up secondhand.. pity i just sold mine, but you can certainly have them for around £500. Overkill? Doubtful, but let your ears decide!

HD - no worries :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom