Amp for Gx300

C63jay

Novice Member
Hello people im jay and a full newbe when it come to sterio/ hifi
I just purchased a set off ma gold gx300 and would like to know what amp i should get to power these speakers. I will be listing to music on them and try to occasionally hook my tv samsung tv to watch movies.

I dont really want to spend loads on a amp or amps/pre-amp but willing to go to 1-1.5k (even a used amp) to get my speakers sounding nice.
Any and all advice and help much appreciated thanks.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
I'd be very tempted to go for maximum amp for cash. Which means s/h.

For instance this beast is a bargain,

MUSICAL FIDELITY TRI-VISTA 300 | eBay

As is this legend,

MUSICAL FIDELITY m3 NUVISTA amplifier, boxed 5055516315747 | eBay

Then there are these splendid offers,

Krell KAV 400xi Integrated Amplifier 2 x 200W with Remote and Box MINT CONDITION

Krell S-300i intergrated silver amplifier, mint with metal remote and origonal p 640522576418 | eBay

Something a little more unusual, but awesome...

Conrad Johnson sonographe SC26 PREAMP & SA250 POWER AMP | eBay

And something a bit closer to the lower end of your budget.

Electrocompaniet ECI-1 integrated amplifier | eBay

The problem with hifi is that there are so many delicious goodies to choose from.

I think I'd end up going for the MF M3 NuVista simply because of its limitless power and impressive reputation. And also because it's a genuine monster. :thumbsup:

But the choice at your budget really is huge...

Good luck.

Last edited:

C63jay

Novice Member
Thanks so much i was checking out the mf m3 nuVista as i thort it had good power but you have gave me a lot off good choices greatly appreciated.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
You're welcome sir.

I always wanted to own an M3 when I used passive speakers. I especially wanted one to see what my SBLs could do.

Always out of my reach at the time though.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom