Amp for 4x monitor speakers

code1905

Standard Member
Hi all

I have currently got 4x Alesis monitor 1's hooked up to my old Technics A-class amplifier (model number SU-600). I have two wired onto MAIN and two wired onto REMOTE. The nominal impedance of the speakers is 4ohms. There is a selector switch on the back of the amp which says
(main & remote...button in..8ohms, button out..16ohms) I have the button pressed in.

I dont know if I am doing somthing wrong here, but the second remote pair of speakers sound really dull with lack of high end and clarity wheras the main pair seem nice and crisp. Any ideas what may be causing this?

I am aware that this is a very old amplifier now and has probably seen its day, so I am considering an upgrade, but I dont know what amplifier would be best suited to simultaneously powering my 4 monitor speakers...all I know is that I certainly don't think I am getting the best out of them with my current setup!

My main uses for the speakers are mainly for Music sequencing / production, general music listening and the odd occasional film.

Any help or advice on this subject would be great.

Thanks

Code1905

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom