Amp Driving Multiple Speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hamd01, Mar 21, 2005.

1. hamd01

hamd01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Here is my setup;

A server in the loft playing MP3s
    A 40w Amp which the server is connected to
    A pair of speakers in the kitchen, and a pair in the bathroom
    Wall mounted volume control in the kicthen and bathroom

I have had this setup for 6 months or so, with just the kitchen connected, and everything is great! Im now wanting to connect up the speakers/volume control in the bathroom, and I guess I'm going to have two issues;

Will the amp be powerfull enough to drive 2 pairs of speakers? And the amp only has one output, so how do I split that into multiples? I will probably connect six rooms in the long term.

I have found a £54 device which splits the output to multiple speakers, but I guess this wont solve the power of the amp issue. What is the cheapest solution for me? Is it simply a case of getting a more powerful amp, if so...any cheap suggestions?

Cheers
    David.

2. hamd01

hamd01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Since I didnt get a single reply, I've contacted some retailers of Hi-Fi Equipment, so thought I should post here in case anyone else has the same problem in future;

Its seems what is needed is an Audio Distribution Amp, AND an Amp for each room. So, the output comes from the source, into the Distribution Amp, and then out of the distribution amp into each of the room amps.... simple eh.

I've found a distribution amp for £100 ish from CPC.

David.