Amp currently busted, can I do this??

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by sarll, May 4, 2007.

1. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Hi all

I've just brought a ps3, but unfortunately my av reciever is away getting repaired leaving me with a stereo amp in the lounge temporarily.

My plasma has no speakers, normally all sound duties are performed via my Denon amp. I've connected via hdmi and all is fine but annoyingly this leaves me with no sound for my spanking new ps3 at the moment. :( (I assumed that that I would get an hd/stereo cable with the ps3 like the 360.....)

Can I simultaenously plug in the hdmi cable for picture, and just the stereo parts of the supplied AV cable (avout?) into my stereo amp to get sound and picture? I'm not sure if one would switch off the other?

Any feedback welcome as I was looking forward to a long bank holiday weekend of games and bluray!

2. M1keF

M1keF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Yes you should be able to do that just fine, you will need to configure the PS3 audio settings via th XMB though

3. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Cheers Mike! Obviously i'm a noob....what the hell is XMB? I take it the system menu? Is it just a case of changing the audio settings to stereo, or is there something more to do?

Thanks again!

4. M1keF

M1keF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    The XMB is the menu system. As far as I know you go to the audio settings and select the av output option. I can't check as I am sadly at work :(

5. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    The XMB ( Cross Media Bar ) is the dashboard/main menu. If you go to the left and click on system settings and then down to sound settings. Choose the Av Multi Out as the sound output.