Amp Box. what do you think ?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by trashbat, Nov 5, 2005.

1. trashbat

trashbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im currently in the process of making a box for my two amps. im not sure if you will be able to follow this description but here goes. think of a drawer that has been pulled out. that is what the box is like. now the first (fan cooled) amp is secured to the floor of this and then i have two wooden beams going across with the second amp on them so that one amp is above the other. then the whole thing is covered with carpet.

the only thing that is bugging me is that i wont be able to have a lid on it because the first amp sticks out of the top. do you think that i would be better off making a more shallow box with a perspex lid and have the amps next to eachother ?

let me know wot you think. :devil:

2. BenW

BenW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Surely you dont want to cover a fan cooled amp? I'm sure it will want space to breathe

I'd say side by side would be better for cooling so i'd go with that idea

3. trashbat

trashbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh no i know what you mean. there is about 3-4 inches of space between them. i would have thought that enough ? especially with a fan cooled one. i would be concerned if it wasn't like the one above it :devil:

4. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    dont forget to add the "push and pull" fans

one wired clockwise the other counter so it pushes air in and pulls air out thus ensuring air circulation and avoiding over heating.