1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amp and tv

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by minorflex, Nov 3, 2004.

1. minorflex

minorflex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all a NEWBEE here if you ever saw one!

New to the home audio environment, but got landed with a sony amp and wondering how to connect it to the tv.

The amp is a 6.1 channel AV receiver STRDB2000s

Whats it like? I know about zilch!

The tv I have is Sony KDE-P42XS1 its a plasma.

Will a svideo out from the amp to a scart in the tv be ok? Thats what im leaning on at the moment.

The dvd player will be connected to the amp via optical cable.
    I have a Grundig Skydigi box and was wondering if this should connect to the amp or as it is to the tv?

Just a genral jist of how a system fits and the appropraite wiring means, manily the amp the the tv!

Tried the manuals they all telling me different things! Just want to know whats the best quailty wise.
    Thanks for your help :)

2. minorflex

minorflex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Managed to Hook everything up, damn that system was loud.

Just 1 remaining issue.

I can connect my sky box to the amp with the phono leads red and white only. My sky box doesnt have any of connections, apart from scart which the amp doesnt have.

Is this the best way? Will i get sound from the back 2 speakers while watching sky?
    Does the newer sky box sets have optical out?

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Sky+ has optical well worth the upgrade IMO and this will have S-video out but best of using scart to TV and set Sky box to RGB and use an RGB enable scart on plasma see your manual for which are RGB and which are not.

If you use a proceesing mode Dolby Pro Logic (PL), PL2, PL2x, DTS neo6, etc etc etc you will get "surround Sound" from sky....If you have Sky+ you Get dolby Digital 5.1 on some movie channels and stereo on the rest