1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amp age

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MACKY, Sep 6, 2005.

1. MACKY

MACKY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi anyone, I have the yamaha dsp ax1 amp, it still feels new to me but is a good few years old. i know there are more features on new amps and i could be missing out on them, so does anyone think its time to upgrade or will there not be much difference. Macky........

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    what sort of budget are you looking at here? Does the ax1 have Dolby pro logic 2 or :dts: Neo:6?? If not those options are worth having for listening to the tv on or turning your music to multichannel. Also the newer amps will be better in stereo than the ax1 (if that interests you).

If you dont plan to go to 6.1 or 7 speakers and your happy with your Ax1's sound then leave it a bit until the newer HD sound processing modes from Dolby and DTS come out and get intot he cheaper (non flagship) amps.:D

3. morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    let me know if you decide you want to get rid of your AX1. :D there's an AZ1 on ebay at the moment and a Z9.

4. MACKY

MACKY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll wait a while and see what technology brings.. my ax1 does have DTS and 6.1
    bot not neo 6 or dolby 2.. Cheers Macky. : : :cool: