Amp-advice please

King Ragnar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guy's n' gurl's am looking for advice on what amp as i can't find a amp to match up with the ohm's and watts to go with my 4 sony speakers 2 sony ss-rg66 front speakers 6 ohm's 280 watts rms and 2 sony ss-rs66 sub speakers 24 ohm's no info on the wattage i think 20w rms there from my old sony mhc-rg66 hi-fi system many moons ago but the speakers are excellent still in the same box etc especially the front speakers. Thanks in advance for any advice or info it's much appreciated.Cheers🍻 staysafe

Last edited:
Modern avrs don't have Amps the subs so you won't be able to use the subs, unless you buy amplifiers for the subs

What are your requirements? How much do you have to spend? Also do you have neighbours?😁

Sony STR-DH790 7.2ch AV receiver this will power all your speakers but not the subs if they don't have their own amps built in. Don't worry about the impedance of the other speakers, they will still work fine.

Hi guy's these 4 speakers are off a old Sony mini hi-fi system MHC-RG66. Excellent hifi system busted many moon's now it was great hi-fi system top of the range back in the days. Speaker's still in the box ready to go. The 2 Sony front speakers SS-RG66 6 ohms 140w each 280w RMS no problem lol, but i want the 2 rear speakers SS-RS66 alot smaller Sub at the bottom and tweeter at top 24 ohm's each, Watts can't get the info on watts!!! I couldn't understand why the 2 rear speakers SS-RS66 you couldn't hear them anyway due to the front 2 speaker's I think there 10 watts or 15 watts each 20 or 30 RMS i don't know now if I want to include them now and just do the 2 front Sony SS-RG66 speakers 280w RMS the rears are not worth the hassle anymore. The only amp ive came across is on amazon it could do the job for all 4 don't take the piss i can't remember the name or spell it lol, but it's 320 watts RMS 160 watts each channel the amp is a 2 channel but you can put sub in too so I don't know why they never called it 2/1 channel now. This is not a Sony, Denon, Panasonic, Samsung, one of those fancy pants amp's that's over priced rip off and cant handle my speaker problem but this wee gem of a amp I think is about £80 it's called either Fosi something or Audio Duidonk pro made in china but hey that's no bad thing long as they send it fully vaccinated up-to-date Inc Booster and wearing a MP3 mask. Al be back with more info on this amp guy's. Hi @JKRsega 1,Requirements 99% done, 2, Budget i will look over what you recommend.3, Neighbors what neighbor's lol 🤩 👀 👅 @Kapkirk much is the Sony? Any other one's you would recommend? Thanks for your help and advice and time much appreciated guy's

It's a little difficult to decode your last message mate. Why don't you just use the 2 best speakers out of the bunch. It is unusual for a speaker to be 24 ohms and can only assume it is that low as it is meant to be hooked up to other speakers in parallel to make the more normal 8 ohm load for most amps. If that is the case then any amplifier apart from the original will run at reduced power for those speakers because of the high impedance.
The Fosi Audio BT30D class D mini amplifier has 50w per channel for the 2 main channels and a 100w for the subwoofer, it has bluetooth and tone controls, and seperate volume for the passive sub. I use one of these for my desktop computer speakers and it it is actually very good, goes loud enough for most people's needs but you will need to run it with normal speakers that have an impedance of 4-8 ohms or the power will be much reduced. If your speakers are actually 24 ohms then I would probably dump them and just pick up a pair of cheap second hand speakers with normal impedance ratings.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom