Amp advice for a PC setup

andybrown

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am trying to build a nice Audio setup for a PC and was pointed over to these forums for guidance.

I've been looking around the last couple of days now, and am struggling a bit, I've got myself a SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium HD card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Sound Card (70SB127000001) [70SB127000001], and am thinking about getting a couple of Warfdale Diamond 9.1 speakers Superfi - WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.1 SPEAKERS (PAIR) but have no idea when it comes to the Amp.

Someone recommended a Fatman iTube MkII Valve Amplifier, but they seem a bit gimmicky and expensive, another recommendation I was given was the Pioneer A400, which is much more reasonably priced, aesthetically it doesn't do great, but I'm not overly bothered by that, its just i'd prefer something a bit more compact, and it seems a bit overkill to use just for a PC with all the other input options.

Any recommendations and advice would be really appreciated.

You could get a T class amp if you want something small. Another option for a stereo would be a Cambridge audio one from Richer Sounds as they tend to be good value for money.

Thanks for the quick reply, just did a bit of reading up and think i'll go ahead with the T class, the temple audio gold bantam amp seems to be ideal for what i'm after, it's a lot smaller than what i was expecting which is good, and its well within my budget.

Thanks for the help, as i said, I've spent days looking into this and you managed to sort me out in minutes, Cheers :smashin:

Make sure you connect the sound card to the amp using a digital audio cable. Makes a huge difference.

The X-Fi sound card I use needed an unusual cable for the SPDIF. Looked like a yellow headphone jack on the sound card end. With a digital coax on the AV Amp end. I found them on EBay I think. Nice and cheap. If you get stuck, let me know and I'll dig out where I exactly found them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom