Amozon Prime Films Question

Garrett

Reaction score
Do films that are free/on prime come off prime but still on their catalog to view?
I thought I went though some on there limited time left and stuck them in my watch list but last night when I went to it they did not have the Prime banner across the corner and when I chose one it came up with a payment to watch.
Is this normal that there free for a set time, but later become unavailable free, but still there to buy?

On a side note since I took Prime out when I went to the Amazon site and clicked one of the titles running across near the top ie Amazon Prime it brought up the deals of the day showing 5 or 6 items in there Lightning Deals and at the side a arrow you could click the see the next set of items but logging in on Saturday found it missing and all it showing TV series and Music. And the deals large pictures having to scroll down and only get the next page at the bottom. Anyone else foind this?

On the 'Included with Prime' thing, yes, there does seem to be some rotation of what's "free" and what isn't. For example, when I joined Prime series one of Chicago PD was free, but now, it's £11.49 to buy, or something like that. As for your other point, if I understand you correctly then yes, I've seen something similar. A box restart seemed to clear the issue for me.

Clem

Last edited:
As for your other point, if I understand you correctly then yes, I've seen something similar. A box restart seemed to clear the issue for me.

Clem
Where is the box restart? I been clicking the one the arrow been pointing to but no longer works.

I watched Gangster Squad the other week but it was still there and had a charge, and had some historical on free I selected to watch but when I came to it would have to pay.

AP.jpg

The restart option is buried in the Settings --> System options panel somewhere. I think that it's slightly less 'brutal' than simply pulling the power plug.

Clem

The restart option is buried in the Settings --> System options panel somewhere. I think that it's slightly less 'brutal' than simply pulling the power plug.

Clem
Ah I take it you mean the computer, which if so does not work for me.

I use to get the lightning deals like below ever since I joined Prime if I clicked the Amazon Prime header, but not the last 3 days.

I wonder if they been tinkering with stuff as I when I go to series I part watched there all listed vertically and either listed at the side, Watched, Resume, Play?
but the other night I went to it and there pictures from the episode across the screen horizontally with no info if I watched it or not, the following night was back to vertical with info if I watched or not, but not a min ago I just checked it and back to the picture horizontally across the screen albeit this time under the next one I not watched.

ap vid.jpg

Sorry, I thought that you were talking about accessing Amazon stuff via a Fire TV device. That's what I based my restart comments on. I don't watch any Amazon content on a computer -- that's so last centtury ;-) As for suggestions from Amazon, they do seem to be generated on a by user/customer basis.

Clem

No I brows the lightning deals on the computer, and have the TV hard wired to the net to watch the prime films and TV shows.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom