Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

eiren

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sequel to the scariest ever game on the PC (I love it) is due out before the end of the year... can't wait for this:

Get Amnesia: The Dark Descent if you haven't already cheap on Steam now.

best played with lights off and Av system on, Paranormal Activity is weak compared.

The new Amnesia game, a horrifying collaboration between Frictional Games and The Chinese Room, will be released September 10. A Machine for Pigs is explicitly for pigs, but the devs have been kind enough to allow humans to buy it for $20/£13 on Steam and GOG. Pre-purchasing, however, brutally hacks 20% off the price, exposing the oozing, gelatinous innards of capitalism. Don't touch the wound. It bites.

Can't wait!!!

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs shows up on GOG and Steam, releases next month | News | PC Gamer

still haven't completed the first one, too scared :(.

Last edited:
Eiren should be banned for dirtying our forum with a Pewdiepie video.......

I've pre-ordered it on Steam as well. Going to be well worth the £10.

Out today. Seems to be receiving a mix of good (i.e. 8/10) and average reviews. Some reviewers haven't liked the lack of an inventory system and the change in game mechanics from TDD (no tinderboxes, lanterns and puzzles). Somebody mentioned that it's veered closer to Dear Esther territory (more emphasis on narrative/story & interactivity than action/puzzles) than they'd anticipated. Basically, don't expect the same game mechanics as TDD.

I've got it pre-loaded and will be giving it a bash in a few hours. Looking forward to it very much.

Edit - Just had a bash there. It seems broken out of the box. The brightness and lighting definitely seem messed up. During the configuration it asks you to set the gamma by looking at two boxes, but once you go into the game the lighting is all milky and overexposed. Lots of screen tearing too despite v-sync being enabled. Think they'll need to patch this immediately.

I played TDD using KB/M but just tried AMFP with the 360 gamepad and it works fine.

Last edited:
Oh, I wonder if it's fixed then? I want the same experience I got from TDD.

Might just get the settings sorted and see if it's fixed first. Don't want to play a broken game.

Give it a shot yourself and see how you get on. Both the screen tearing and lighting issue have been pointed out on the official steam forum already. Hope it's resolved soon.

From the steam forum

Something is broken as mentioned, not sure what setting it could be though. When I first started the game up it looked normal but when I went into the settings I realized that the SSAO was only set to medium resolution so I changed it to high and restarted. And now the game loads with the haze mentioned, and the overlay itself isn't black as it should be. Resetting the game to it's default settings doesn't help either.

Interestingly enough, the menu graphics are not affected by this issue. And when you first start up the game after loading you can notice starts out normally before the haze overtakes the image.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239200/discussions/

Last edited:
Yeah, instead of blacks being blacks they're more like a dark blue.

I'll agree everything does look very milky.

Apparently Frictional Games have confirmed that they've added a filter to the game and that the blue haze is intentional. The only positive is that it might not be present throughout the entire game and may change at some point.

Can this game be modded? If it can then perhaps a mod will be released for it in the future. I find the haze a tad distracting.

Edit - Tearing is fixed via the Nvidia control panel. Enable vysnc there and it'll sort it out.

Thought my monitor was at fault at first! Giving me a headache!

It's not TDD and I guess that was what I was hoping for!

I'll see it through to the end though :)

Edit - Tearing is fixed via the Nvidia control panel. Enable vysnc there and it'll sort it out.

Is the tearing strictly Nvidia related?

I had a real strong sense of Deja Vu playing this before, seeing this picture took me back 30 years in a heartbeat.

a-special-pleader-michael-chesnakov.jpg

Thought my monitor was at fault at first! Giving me a headache!

It's not TDD and I guess that was what I was hoping for!

I'll see it through to the end though :)

Is the tearing strictly Nvidia related?

I read that it wasn't a problem for users with ATI cards.

Hooligaani

Is that one of those pictures that nearly every family had on their walls in the 80s, like the one with the dogs playing pool/snooker?

I seen a reference to that picture last week on Reddit but didn't go into the thread to find out what it was all about.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom