Amlogic 3285 chipset divx player. Who has experience with this?

M

mr_bert

Hoi When searching for a DVD divx player I discovered this apparatus.

http://www.neuneo.com/products/DVD/

dit zijn de basis spec's die op hun site te vinden zijn:
NeuNeo MPEG4 DVD player featuring a whole new 3rd generation MPEG4 decoding chipset. It offers the best MPEG4 playback quality and compatibility as well as subtitle file support. Just burn your favourite movie files on CDR/DVDR and then play it on this player like a regular DVD!

Based on the 3rd generation MPEG4 chipset, offer the best MPEG4 video playback quality and compatibility.

Fully compatible with DivX (ver3.11-5.x, DivX Pro) / Xvid / MPEG1 / MPEG2 / MPEG4 / MP3 / WMA / JPEG video and audio file format.

Support separate subtitle file (*.srt ).

Quad 10bit 108Mhz video DAC and 192 kHz 24 Bit Audio DAC

Advanced full color navigation GUI (graphic user interface).

DVD (region code free) / SVCD / VCD / CD / HDCD / Picture-CD playback.

Support DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-R/RW recordable media.

Fast forward / backward (up to 40X), slow motion play and ZOOM(up to 8X) function on MPEG4 file playback.

Dolby Digital / DTS built-in decoder for 5.1 channel output.

Progressive scan (NTSC 480P progressive scan and PAL 576P progressive scan), PAL/NTSC TV system compatible, support 4:3 & 16:9 TV mode.

Karaoke function. 2 Microphone inputs.

Smart update function ( firmware upgradeable ).

Ultra slim and stylish design. Dimension: 17 x 10.5 x 1.7 inch (430 x 270 x 43 mm).

Component, S-Video, Scart, VGA and Composite video output.
Optical, Coaxial S/PDIF and RCA output. Support Dolby 5.1 and DTS digital output or 2 Channels analog stereo output. Built-in Dolby 5.1 / DTS decoder, 5.1 channel output.

I asked those people via email for some more detailled answers and was happyly surpriced to get prompt answers.
They wrote me thefollowing:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Yes it supports MP3 DVD-R or mixed files ( MP3, JPG, AVI) in a CDR/DVD-R.

It uses Amlogic 3285 chipset ( 3295 is the same chipset without VGA output). The reason we choose the new Amlogic chipset is it seems fixed a lot annoying bug of the MTK1389 based player, in addition, it also supports DivX pro (and all the new 5.1 and up codec's) and passed all DivX certified 2.0 tests ( see Amlogic web site @ www.amlogic.com for further information ). We want to bring something "new" and "different" (the ESS 6688 and MTK1389 chipset just seems a little bit "outdated) into the market:)
Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I am wuite new to this kind of devices and have not seeen many players based on this chipset.
Are there other player based on it?
HAs anyone experience with thisplayer or other players based on the chipset?

Berts Regards

Bert

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom