Amina demo room?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Bangalore, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Bangalore

Bangalore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Is there an Amina demo room near leeds? Or within an hour or so? Really like the idea but never heard them play.

2. Ugg10

Ugg10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,573
    A google on amina gives the following -

amina.co.uk - there is an installer finder for europe/UK/counties (York and Lancs listed)

This identifies Brilliant - Smart Home Technology, Lighting, Interior Design and Home Cinema - Brilliant - Technology, Lighting and Interiors as an approved installer that have a showroom in Thirsk.

Or Nirvana Audio Visual Ltd - indulge your senses. in Preston but not sure from the website whether they have a showroom.

Interesting technology though and be curious to see how this sounds when compared to something like a M&K set up with wall colour coded grills or heaven forbid ceiling speakers.

Hope this helps.

3. brilliantben

brilliantben
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sam

Ive been to Brilliant Livings showroom at Thirsk and they do have Aminas in their showroom. Might be worth giving them a ring if you want to hear them, im sure they'd give you a demo.

Ben

4. Bangalore

Bangalore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I ended up getting a demo from a company in London (the name escapes me). I was impressed by the sound. It was a little woolly, sort of soft around the edges and not as sharp as a "real" speaker. Personally I wouldn't use them in my home cinema as the sound wasn't as precise as I would have liked. BUT I would defiantly use them in say a dining room for music where it is just in the background.

I demo'd a 7.2 b&w lcr 7 with 2 isw 8 subs and matching amp and that was fantastically impressive. Very similar in price to a full Amina/Polk sub setup but in a different league all together.

Having to save a bit now before I order them. Well worth it in my eyes though.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012