AMG Driving Academy - Nordschleife Intermediate SLS AMG, Full Lap

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start this thread as I can imagine a few people needing some tips with this one.... they don't call it "the green hell" for nothing... This is one of the special events, and probably one of the best so far, I'm trying to get gold for all the intermediate races, got all so far apart from the full lap...

My best time so far is a 7.17 (this is after several hours of trying), the gold requires a 7.05 (which is actually 2 seconds quicker than the 4 previous gold level sectors combined).
I know a few people have done it, so please (please!!) feel free to share any tips/tricks etc to getting the elusive gold :smashin:

My main issue is getting a clean lap whilst negotiating the other cars and trying to to put a wheel on the grass as this often means lap over :suicide:

A guy off GTplanet has done it 7:00.553, watching the lap he could have had sub-7 mins if it weren't for a couple of small mistakes :eek:
YouTube - GT5 AMG Special Event Intermediate Nurburgring Full Lap 7:00:533

You get some good rewards for completing the events, for all bronze you get the normal daytime nordschleife + a night/day & weather version. For all silvers you get the *spoiler*
4hr endurance daytime version (nordschleife + GP circuit combined)
and for all golds you get the *spoiler*
24hr version (same as 4hr version but full night/day cycle & weather)
which is why I want the gold! :D

ETA: I'm using a wheel for those unaware, honestly don't think it's possible to get gold on a pad unless you're very talented.

ETA - Now done with a 7.04.004 :D thanks for all the tips. For anyone else struggling, here's videos of my full lap to & all 4 separate sectors :thumbsup:
Full Lap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TNaIy63dhg
Sector 1
YouTube - GT5 Nurburgring Nordschleife AMG Driving Academy, Intermediate - Sector 1 - Gold 1:21.602
Sector 2
YouTube - GT5 Nurburgring Nordschleife AMG Driving Academy, Intermediate - Sector 2 - Gold 1:56.803
Sector 3 (scruffy! :rotfl:)
YouTube - GT5 Nurburgring Nordschleife AMG Driving Academy, Intermediate - Sector 3 - Gold 1:43.821
Sector 4
YouTube - GT5 Nurburgring Nordschleife AMG Driving Academy, Intermediate - Sector 4 - Gold 2:03.391

Last edited:
oh, really going to push for silver, but would love gold
got bronze easily enough but silver is proving hard enough for me, other cars getting int eh way and oversteer on teh way into some heavy braking are problems

oh, really going to push for silver, but would love gold
got bronze easily enough but silver is proving hard enough for me, other cars getting int eh way and oversteer on teh way into some heavy braking are problems

Are you using a wheel or pad? Silver ain't to bad to get, but gold is a complete :censored: as you have to be driving at 99/100% of the limit for the entire lap :suicide: I do think it might be nearly impossible to get gold on a pad...

I've got gold in 3 first sectors but only silver in 4th and full lap. Took me quite a long time to get gold. I love the 'ring, but this is hard.

I was gonna post a similar thread to this, just lovin having the Ring to race around again. Managed to get a 7:24 on my first attempt using a pad so I'm sure I'll have a few more goes but gold will be very hard.

I got gold quite easily, with a second or two to spare, not a perfect lap either. On those racing tyres you can push very hard and get away with murder over the kerbs, seems to be loads of grip. Just need to be lucky with the traffic, stay cool and keep it smooth.

It would be nice if the split times compared your lap in progress to you best completed lap but it doesn't.

Last edited:
I had a go at this tonight and managed to get 7mins 4 secs. I reckon i can knock a couple of seconds off maybe, as i nearly lost it at one point. I have got the 1st 2 sections down pretty well, just need to improve on the last 2.

Was really good fun, and can see myself spending most of tomorrow trying to improve it.

I had a go at this tonight and managed to get 7mins 4 secs. I reckon i can knock a couple of seconds off maybe, as i nearly lost it at one point. I have got the 1st 2 sections down pretty well, just need to improve on the last 2.

Was really good fun, and can see myself spending most of tomorrow trying to improve it.

Damn you. :(

lol, i can upload a replay if it will help, although isn't as fast as the one you posted so wouldn't be much good i suppose. Will try to improve it 2moro. I'm sure you will get it soon. Took me quite a few attempts, but was more of case of struggling to put an error free lap together. Also some of the positions of the cars are in the worst possible places at times.

Best i could (after loads of attempts) was 7.34 with the pad which just got me the silver.
There's no way I could make up another 30 seconds to get gold... and I don't have the desire to even try.

One thing I will say with GT5 is that the license tests are (mostly) fairly easy to pass with a bronze.
On GT3 & 4, I remember trying for ages just to get bronze, but with GT5 I can nearly always pass first attempt, and often only whisker away from silver.

Silver will do me most of the time, gold requires a dedication and will I just don't have for a computer game anymore.

Last edited:
I managed 7:05 on my first crack at it, i think only the 3rd AMG difficulty (advanced lv18) took multiple attempts to nail. I think i needed 2 full-sector cracks at getting gold in most of the sector parts (if i crashed i restarted, so excluding those laps) and once i'd got the golds for the 4 sectors i did it on the first attempt (no restarts).

Once i'd refreshed myself on the sectors in the 'beginner' version i was fine, but having driven it in GT4 and NFS:Shift it does help, but it'd been a long time since i'd done a lap round there (Feb '10) and it just felt like home.

The 'Advanced' version is tricky, let a mate have a go the other day, he'd been unable to play beyond a few races as it was his wedding today (Sunday) and thought i'd have a laugh at his expense the night before, and he looked pretty impressive for quite a while. Im only at Lv22 A-Spec and 'Expert' is 24, so it'll take a while before i can attempt it, im pretty sure i can predict what it'll be though. Thats the only available 'Spec Event' which i have left :( These are far far more fun than standard races so far though, they've been amazing and a real challenge yet still fun rather than wanting to pull my hair out.

Not really sure about tips though, keep it on the grey stuff and dont try and over-do it. Usually i find its far easier to lose time trying to make up for a mistake, than it is recovering the time lost by it. Accept the mistake and move on, focus on not making more mistakes.

Are you using a wheel or pad? Silver ain't to bad to get, but gold is a complete :censored: as you have to be driving at 99/100% of the limit for the entire lap :suicide: I do think it might be nearly impossible to get gold on a pad...

just on the pad atm getting a wheel soon (fanatec on order)
will want gold when i get the wheel, i wanna do full 24hrs on nurb and le mans

6:59:158 is my time, if you know the track well then turn the driving line off (and ignore the flashing gear indicator) as where it tells you to brake/turn in/accelerate out is less than ideal for this car - you can easily push it far beyond what is being shown as there seems to be an insane amount of grip (too much?). Car must have massive front toe as it turns in on a knife edge!
Remember the AI tends to move to the right allowing you to pass on the left! Although they do have a nasty habit of moving over then slamming the door shut at the last second, ruining your lap.....

Last edited:
finally managed to get silver with the pad.
one question
SPOILER**wheres the 4 hour indurance race i only seem to be able to find 2 lap races in arcade and practice

finally managed to get silver with the pad.
one question
SPOILER**wheres the 4 hour indurance race i only seem to be able to find 2 lap races in arcade and practice

Spoiler*
I presumed you've unlocked the Type V (4hr version) of the track? It's not actually a 4hr race - they hold 2 main big races on the nordschleife, the 4hr and 24hr (similar to le mans) both of which use a circuit which includes the new GP circuit connected to the old nordschleife, making a lap of over 15 miles compared to the normal 12.9 for the ring. The 4hr track is this version, it's the old ring plus the new gp circuit connected. You'll noticed too there's lots of crowds/tents round the track, as it's an race day opposed to just the normal everyday ring. The 24hr version has nightime too. If you want a 4hr race then go into arcade setting and increase the lap number, a normal laptime for the 4hr circuit in a fast (race) car would be around 10-11 mins, so about 23/24 laps should do
:smashin:

I got silver pretty easily on this but have not really tried for golds yet as I just wanted to unlock the circuit, however TP has inspired me to have a go for the golds now. The biggest tips I can give which are from real life however apply equally to the game, are learn the track. It's pretty accurate the only thing that's missing is the feeling you get from the compression in the dip at 160mph in the bottom of the foxholes (fuchshore), keep doing the sections to find out where you can go flat out. There are plenty, fuchshore, kesselken etc.

Use the kerbs! I can't stress this enough, as mentioned they have loads of grip. The first half of the circuit is uphill to hoe acht (the highest point of the circuit) and you need to make sure you carry your speed through the uphill corners, most noticeably ex-mhule. In my mates civic type R if he wasn't in the v-tec range going through ex-mhule he would lose about 5 seconds just on that 1 corner because you're slower into the next section too.

The same applies to galgenkopf? which is the triple right hander before the long straight, you need to carry as much speed as possible onto the back straight. Also lift off slightly as you go under the bridge as it's slightly off camber and will throw you to the right and onto the grass. If you muck one corner up it will ruin your entry to the next so just try to be smooth. I'll update when I've put a few laps in providing I can practice what I've preached :rolleyes:

watch

Just learn from this guy :D

thanks tall paul, explains alot :)

:rotfl: you do get a few people trying to actually drift their way round when the tracks quiet, however they tend to be British :rolleyes:

All I can say is you get that car for a spin on Nordschleife (in GT5) with sports tyres, no aids and you may notice that keeping it straight while driving fast is quite a challenge :D

:clap::clap: woo!! Finally done it :D:thumbsup:

7:04.004 :smashin:

Had 2 runs of 7:05.8xx & 7:05.5xx a few attempts before the gold one, as I passed under the gantry on the main straight the split was 6:18.xxx so I knew I was there, just had to hold it together for the final few corners :clap::D

Big tip I found - shift up before the redline, this gave me an extra 2-3 seconds at least :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom