American type Drywall boxes.

diesel

Hi Guys.

As per title. Does anyone know where I can source the American style/size plastic drywall back boxes. I've just bought the Nuvo Grand Concerto System and I need about 17 back boxes.

Any ideas please? Google it but not come up with anything.

Thanks

Andy Brown:hiya:

mossym

Distinguished Member

hornydragon

Hi Guys.

As per title. Does anyone know where I can source the American style/size plastic drywall back boxes. I've just bought the Nuvo Grand Concerto System and I need about 17 back boxes.

Any ideas please? Google it but not come up with anything.

Thanks

Andy Brown:hiya:
UK Nuvo GC come with back boxes from the distributor...

dj-dulux

Or get the UK essentia G panels for the GC, 35mm deep UK back boxes then and they will match the rest of your house as you can use 50*50 euro plates.

Dupe....

diesel

Thanks for the info guys.
I imported them from a company in the US, which is why I didn't get the backboxes.
Still I saved nearly £5k ,so a few quid on back boxes isn't a problem:thumbsup:

dj-dulux

17 2J or a combination of 1J and 2J, thats a pretty big GC setup if its 17 2J. Word of warning, they are really sensitive to cable problems, you MUST use a cat5 certifier rather than a normal tester as they wont pick up some of the probs.

Nice system, they are great, are you using the DAB or FM tuner too? iPod? There is also a really sexy little Nuvo remote now so you don't need room controllers?!?

Dupe...

rhinoman

I bought the backboxes for my Russound gear from the states, www.hometech.com

I had to add to cart and then email for a shipping quote, phoned my credit card through and it all arrived about a week later. Dirt cheap compared to the ripp off prices charged here in the UK.

diesel

17 2J or a combination of 1J and 2J, thats a pretty big GC setup if its 17 2J. Word of warning, they are really sensitive to cable problems, you MUST use a cat5 certifier rather than a normal tester as they wont pick up some of the probs.

Nice system, they are great, are you using the DAB or FM tuner too? iPod? There is also a really sexy little Nuvo remote now so you don't need room controllers?!?

Dupe...
I have 16 Zones so I bought the NV-18GM and NV-18GX Expander. I also got 2 additional p2100 amps as the main living zone has 6 speakers. The 17th back box is to accomadate the Nuvonet hub.

I bought the T2 Tuner (didn't know about the DAB one at the time I bought it:( Might have to re-visit that).

I also bought the M3 160Gb Music server and the iPod dock.

Just waiting for the transformers for the 110v bits and the back boxes which I ordered this afternoon and I should be good to go.

I will look into buying the Cat5 certifier but am confident that there shouldn't be any insurmountable problems. I ran 4 runs of Cat 5 to each location there is going to be a controller, as the building was wired prior to knowing which system I was going with. If one cable turns out to be iffy, I have another 3 chances. I was very careful when I did the cabling runs and managed to keep data and power away from each other.
I shouldn't tempt fate but all the cat5 I've terminated so far (for component video baluns) has worked flawlessly.

I haven't really looked at the remotes. One comes with the GM and another with the T2. Do you have a link for the one you mention?

I'm also sure that i read there were brushed steel bezels for these available but can't find any information on them now. Did I imagine this or do they exist?

Many thanks

Andy Brown

vex

Novice Member
The new wireless remote isn't due untill the end of the year, but the other devices of interest are the new USB - Network adaptor that will allow you to update your server without being local to it and the even newer network search device that will trawl your PC network for music and allow GS to call for it from a keypad.

V.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom