American PS3 Stuff...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gavinwhite

Ok heres the dilemma, since moving from the 360 side to the ps3 side I havnt had much cash to buy anything for the PS3 as im saving for a holiday.
My question is will US games and accessories and stuff work on a UK PS3 ?
Cheers
Gav

Ok heres the dilemma, since moving from the 360 side to the ps3 side I havnt had much cash to buy anything for the PS3 as im saving for a holiday.
My question is will US games and accessories and stuff work on a UK PS3 ?
Cheers
Gav

I'm sure ALL PS3 games are region free but i have noticed a couple of comments about 1 or 2 games being region locked due to licensing but theres nothing that seems to confirm it. Accessories are universal and will work on any PS3 as well so the only thing your limited by are Blu-Ray movies.

Thats great news mate cheers, I dont suppose theres a list anywhere that lists the games not supported ?
So Blu-Rays are out of the question, and certain games....sounds like im onto a winner here :D
Cheers mate

Thats great news mate cheers, I dont suppose theres a list anywhere that lists the games not supported ?
So Blu-Rays are out of the question, and certain games....sounds like im onto a winner here :D
Cheers mate

Ive just edited my post because after a bit more searching i'm not seeing anything that confirms the comments about a couple of games being region locked so i wouldn't worry about it. Blu-Rays are hit and miss, some are region free and some aren't but if you use a site like Movietyme (region FREE section) they will state if its region free or not.

thats great thanks very much :) I might just try my luck and if it doesnt work out whack em on ebay or something, what have I got to loose really.
Again, thanks very much :)
G

Also just to note, I'm sure someone e-mailed Rockstar Games and they said GTA IV will work except you wont be able to play online...

Also just to note, I'm sure someone e-mailed Rockstar Games and they said GTA IV will work except you wont be able to play online...

That's my only concern about buying abroad, I don't want to miss out on online gameplay.

That was said about some of the american sports games when the PS3 first came out but then they worked online using UK accounts just fine.

That isn't a region issue, that's because the game is a buggy POS :devil: :rotfl:

In all seriousness tho, I'm sure it would work online, just you'd be on American servers.

The US games will work fine online but if there is any downloadable content available, then you need to get it from the US PS3 store instead of the UK one. 2 examples of this are the new maps for Call Of Duty 4 (some people spent £8 downloading them from the UK store to find out that they wouldn't work with their US game) . Guitar Hero III also had some 'free' songs on the US store but when you tried to add them into the UK version they wouldn't work.

This has already been discussed several times before. Please try and do a search next time. As the question has been answered I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom