American Pioneer DV-606D slight problem, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Iain Shields, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have an American Pioneer DV-606D player that is hooked up to a Toshiba 3373DG television via s-video lead... My problem is a very green tint on the picture or several of my dvd's. I know that some disc's had this problem but there are others I have that play fine on a friends machine but remain green on mine, I have changed the s-video lead to no avail... Is it my (getting on a bit, but still good) dvd player or is it possibly my TV?

Any help from someone would be great....

thanks,
    Iain

2. ragingsmiffy

ragingsmiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    some tv's have an ajustment within the menue to up or lower the green tint for ntsc discs. i have the 40 inc toshiba rea projection tv. this has this in the menue. see if yours has it , mine is in with the picture settings, with the coloue, brightness, etc.
    hope this gives you some help

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Have you tried plugging your player into your friend's TV and playing your suspect discs.

I am still happy with my 606D and cannot justify the expensive of upgrading whilst it still works as well bar the occasional lip sync problem

Ian

4. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the replies... :)

There is "tint" control in the menu settings but that dosn't change things much, there's no other control's that affect the green tint at all....

My friend dosn't have any s-video inputs on his TV, I'm now ckecking around other friends to see if they can help...
    Like yourself Ian, I don't really want (or can afford) to upgrade my player, apart from this slight problem I'm still very happy with the machine... pretty good picture and wonderfull sound quality can't be bad :)

Ian, how have you got your player connected, I'm intrested to know how the Pioneer performs with other pieces of kit, vision and sound...

Thanks,
    Iain.

5. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    same for me - I still have my 606d connected via S video - no problems at all.

A great, reliable player

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Iain,

I have my Pioneer 606 connected to the TV using s-video and an s-video to scart lead.

Coaxial cable into Sony 1070 for the sound and Def Tech Pro Cinema front three speakers plus Mission M7DS rears and REL Q Bass sub.

Sounds good to me.

Ian

7. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sounds like a nice set up to me Ian, what would your next upgrade be, if anything?

8. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Iain,

I will probably change the Pioneer 606 for a Pioneer 545 and fairly soon.

Er Indoors would prefer silver to match everything else and we seem to be acquiring more and more CD's that will not play as it only plays vanilla cd's.

Ian