1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Pie (R2) Problem

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by jasonlgriffin, May 25, 2002.

1. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a load of DVDs in the 2 for £20 offer in Woolies. Got American Pie (R2) and have just been watching it put it is very juddery - any movement is simply unwatchable.

I have a Toshiba 32ZP18P TV and SD-510E (multi-region) DVD player. This is the first problem I have seen like this (although I am fairly new to all this home cinema stuff and both TV and DVD are around a month old).

For example, in the opening scene where 2 guys are walking side by side, the movement is terrible. Has anyone else suffered this problem with this film? Could I have a duff disk? I've checked and online review of the film and it says the quality is pretty good. Is it more likely to be a problem with my player or (100Hz) TV?

Help!

2. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I have this disk & do not suffer any of the problems you have, I also have a Tosh 32" 100 Hz Tv, not the same model as yours though..Try playing the disk on a mates player..or take it back for a swap..The only thing I found with the disc was the picture was really dark...

3. Dubbing Mixer

Dubbing Mixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just finished watching it with my daughter. No sign of the problem although I echo the 'dark' comment. Take it back.