• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

American Idol 2010

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Anyone else watching this.

Been ffwding through the recent shows.

Adverts are crazy. 6 minutes each time, multiple adverts a show.

Seriously must be close to more advert than show time in its hourly slot:suicide:

So staged as well with all the sob stories etc etc.:rolleyes: you know who's going through before they open their mouth.

Roll on the later stages.

Icm76

Established Member
Anyone else watching this.
A little, but trying to skip all the dross. So far it's pretty uninspiring, the guest judges have been OK, but I really can't see why they are bringing in Ellen Degeneres to replace Paula Abdul - I'm not sure how Ellen Degeneres qualifies as an expert judge.

Adverts are crazy. 6 minutes each time, multiple adverts a show.
Yep, blame the government/OFCOM for relaxing the rules. Complain to OFCOM, but I suspect this will not be reversed any time soon i.e. back to the 2-3 adverts per hour show that we used to have.

So staged as well with all the sob stories etc etc.:rolleyes: you know who's going through before they open their mouth.
It is pretty weak, far too many sad time wasters who are only doing it just to be on TV or for a joke. I wish they just did an abridged highlights show from all the audition locations, just showing the good auditions. There's maybe 5-10 minutes of worthwhile quality in each of these audition shows.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Indeed. So far with the 1 hours shows i'm getting through then in about 12 minutes:rolleyes:

denzyl

Prominent Member
Guest judge on first 1/2 shows Victoria Beckham was bloody awful and having the cheek to tell people they couldn,t sing when she was as flat as a pancake ran over by a steam roller herself

kBm

Distinguished Member
Guest judge on first 1/2 shows Victoria Beckham was bloody awful and having the cheek to tell people they couldn,t sing when she was as flat as a pancake ran over by a steam roller herself

I noticed she rarely spoke a word. Guess her advice didn't make the final edit!

American Idol can be annoying. I can't be doing with all this 'I like you dog' and that Kara DioGuardi just gets on my nerves.

Not sure why i watch it!

:facepalm:

redwing

Prominent Member
I noticed she rarely spoke a word. Guess her advice didn't make the final edit!

American Idol can be annoying. I can't be doing with all this 'I like you dog' and that Kara DioGuardi just gets on my nerves.

Not sure why i watch it!

:facepalm:

ive just started watching got them all on sky + took about 30 mins to watch the first 2 hour show.

she hasnt said my fav annoying saying of hers yet . "wow you got some Chops" but im sure it will come.

As for the sob storys wow worse than ever !! if its genuine no problem and youve overcome something to be there but 1 of them had a Nan with alzheimers . Dont get me wrong thats terrible but what on earth has that to do with American idol ? she didnt live with her they had a very large family with plenty of money judging my the area and house.

Also didnt really see the need for the little history lesson along with animation on how the US got defeated then rid of the British at the Boston Tea Party.

mmoosa

Standard Member
ive just started watching got them all on sky + took about 30 mins to watch the first 2 hour show.

she hasnt said my fav annoying saying of hers yet . "wow you got some Chops" but im sure it will come.

As for the sob storys wow worse than ever !! if its genuine no problem and youve overcome something to be there but 1 of them had a Nan with alzheimers . Dont get me wrong thats terrible but what on earth has that to do with American idol ? she didnt live with her they had a very large family with plenty of money judging my the area and house.

Also didnt really see the need for the little history lesson along with animation on how the US got defeated then rid of the British at the Boston Tea Party.
LOL! I have no idea why I watch it too...some of the people on that show are deranged, contestants and judges alike. That show and format has lost the plot, and X-factor too in some respect, well if I'm being honest, in most respect! :-D

DJMS

Established Member
Always watched this (apart from season 1) and Uk versions but taken the decision to swerve it until they get to bootcamp this time.

Icm76

Established Member
This week's LA auditions weren't any better than previous shows, maybe 1-2 good auditions...
Kara DioGuardi just gets on my nerves.
... at least Katy Perry was quite funny and did appear to wind up Kara, mainly because Perry kept having the guts to say no against the other judges and didn't care at all about the contestants life stories.

Last edited:

denzyl

Prominent Member
what was the point in having that Jonas brother there had all the personality of an amoeba and as much to say as a mime artist

denzyl

Prominent Member
Just caught up on last weeks shows Ellen de G looks like she be a Cowell like judge genuine sarcasm and comedic put downs

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Think there's more of the Hollywood saga later this week (Eps 1 and 2 show last week?)

Didn't see any sign of this one on the first 2 shows though:(

YouTube - Hope Johnson American Idol

Not the best audition but :eek: she's gorgeous:D

denzyl

Prominent Member
down to the final 24 now is it just me or is the talent level diminished this year because normally out of the finalists you can pick 8 or 10 decent singers but imho theres only 5 good ones this year my 2 favourites are the grunge type girl singer/guitarist/harmonica player and the silver haired girl whos job is making sandwiches

denzyl

Prominent Member
my 2 favourites are the grunge type girl singer/guitarist/harmonica player and the silver haired girl whos job is making sandwiches
I have to agree with you only Crystal Bowersox (grunge girl) and Lily Scott (silver hair) plus 1 other decent performance not looking forward to the boys/mens tonight as I thought overall they were a weaker group than the girls

denzyl

Prominent Member
only 2 decent performances from the boys group unless something extaordinary happens this could go down as one of the weakest singing finals ever 5 good to fair out of 24 is an appalling ratio god help us when the themed weeks start :(:thumbsdow

denzyl

Prominent Member
2nd elimination week and its already looking like a 2 horse race between Crystal and Lilly both were really impressive again this week
If you have to include the rest 1 other girl has half a chance (the one that sang coldplay not the last girl who did Aretha as 1 note doesn't make a singer) and 2 fellas in the mix

denzyl

Prominent Member
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED
Lilly didnt even make the final 12 theres an awful lot of crap left in there too unbelievable voting but then again thats America for you :facepalm:

Mindcrime

Established Member
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED
Lilly didnt even make the final 12 theres an awful lot of crap left in there too unbelievable voting but then again thats America for you :facepalm:

Lilly has a good voice, but her rendition of the Kitty Wells song was awful; and the US audience has the memory span of a fish. She was her own worst enemy, unfortunately.

denzyl

Prominent Member
Is anyone else still watching this as its fast developing into a one horse race as Crystal is a class above the rest
Just have to hope the voters realise this after all they are American :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Lennon and Mccartney songbook next week they can,t ruin those songs can they :confused:

Some of them will put in a good show:rolleyes::D

Boring week but I don't really like this weeks theme.

Shame Didi had to go as I quite liked her:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom