American Horror Stories (Disney+) Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

Blimey, that's a shame :/
Mind you, the main branch of the show has been very sporadic for me anyway.
The first few seasons I thought were amazing - and s3 coven, s7 cult, and s8 apocalypse were entertaining enough - but the rest I gave up on.

Blimey, that's a shame :/
Mind you, the main branch of the show has been very sporadic for me anyway.
The first few seasons I thought were amazing - and s3 coven, s7 cult, and s8 apocalypse were entertaining enough - but the rest I gave up on.
I have a similar attitude toward the main seasons and probably have cut it way more slack in the past than it's deserved but this was just so low effort.

This programme managed the impossible; I was bored despite seeing Sierra McCormick in a latex body suit. I gave up with AHS after Freakshow, but in it's defence, the first three seasons had some brilliant set pieces and great showcases for the talents of Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters.

I've seen the entire series and despite the plots being variable quality, as a whole I rate it very highly. I enjoyed the return-to-series-one as it reminds us all where it began.
You're not going to be happy with the last episode.
A couple of episodes I'd even give 9/10 but as a whole it's an 8 from me.

Season 4 was terrible and it put me off for a couple of years, however I eventually tried again and S5 was very good, featuring an outstanding performance by Lady GaGa.
Cool, I might try to get back into it.

I got through the first season, but I didn't enjoy it. Felt way too teen-orientated...

This programme managed the impossible; I was bored despite seeing Sierra McCormick in a latex body suit. I gave up with AHS after Freakshow, but in it's defence, the first three seasons had some brilliant set pieces and great showcases for the talents of Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters.
If you like Evan Peters then give s7 Cult a go maybe - he's the central character.

"This season takes place in the fictional suburb of Brookfield Heights, Michigan, during the year 2017, and centers on a cult terrorizing the residents in the aftermath of Donald Trump winning the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Season 4 was terrible and it put me off for a couple of years, however I eventually tried again and S5 was very good, featuring an outstanding performance by Lady GaGa.
Totally agree about season 4, but personally I found season 5 even worse. Maybe I need to give it another go, but at the time I found the first few episodes went way over my personal 'style over substance' limit ; gave up on it...

I thought it was pretty good and enjoyed the revenge ending.

could do with some nudity and titillation. Even side boobs would suffice.

Yeah, I agree four was as bit rubbish - I didn't get to the end. 1,2,3 and especially 5 'Hotel' I thought was brilliant. Not managed to see any since

I thought the final season of AHS was terrific — a real return to form that also somehow connected many of those other stories. But yes, variable on the whole. I didn't like Freak Show, Cult or Roanoke. I'll keep an eye on this, but no need to dip in unless I start to hear murmurings about something noteworthy emerging.

Episode 3 is pretty crap as well.

I take it folks have given up here?

I thought the final season of AHS was terrific — a real return to form that also somehow connected many of those other stories. But yes, variable on the whole. I didn't like Freak Show, Cult or Roanoke. I'll keep an eye on this, but no need to dip in unless I start to hear murmurings about something noteworthy emerging.
Have you seen ep3 too? Meh sums it up imo

I take it folks have given up here?

the Mrs and I watched it all when it aired in the US a couple of months ago.
Not really their finest hour, we thought the best eps were the first 2 and the last one, but probably only because they were the Murder House episodes... we didn't really feel much of a connection to the rest of the blink and it's over episodes.

Funnily enough, we haven't really got into the new American Horror Story Double-Feature season either. It's alright but I'm not at all bothered that it finishes this week (US pace)

Has no one been watching season 2? It is better than the first series so far. I like the use of Urban Legends in some of them but of course, this is AHS so there is usually a twist on the Legend at the end. So far Denis O'Hare, Gabourey Sidibe have turned up and one story links to
AHS Covern.

we're waiting for it to land on Disney+ over here which, unless that's happened very recently, we're assuming will be when it finishes airing in the US and they'll hopefully drop it all at once

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom