American Gothic - out on R1 DVD!

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes - it's finally out! The superb horror drama series, with Gary Cole! Just click here!

Pooch

Great news!!! I'll be in new york in a couple of weeks** - i might well pick it up :D

Gary

** Sorry about the new york thing, very excited -i'm almost at the point where i'm stopping people in the street to tell them. :D

Didn't the way they all said "Caleb" bug the hell out of you? It almost made the show unwatchable for me...like nails down a blackboard.

videonasty said:
If I ordered that from Movietyme, would I be caught by Custom's?
I see that PlayUSA and Loaded247 have it for £1 less. But the same question goes for them too. Do all these R1 companies deliver from outside the UK?

I recently ordered Wonderfalls, which is R1 only, from dvd.co.uk, and they sent me an email saying they were dispatching it from their Canada warehouse. I assume that's Canada the country and not Canada Wharf. ;) Fortunately, at £17.99 delivered that comes just under the £18 mark where customs duty begins (as I understand it).

Decadence said:
Didn't the way they all said "Caleb" bug the hell out of you? It almost made the show unwatchable for me...like nails down a blackboard.
I don't remember that. I thought it was a great series. Just a shame it's not widescreen. :rolleyes:

Got it on pre-order, can't wait :D Can scrap my ropey VHS->VCD copies!

I only vaguely remember this series, can someone fill me in on what it's about!

Originally posted by videonasty
If I ordered that from Movietyme, would I be caught by Custom's?

Originally posted by tichtich
I see that PlayUSA and Loaded247 have it for £1 less. But the same question goes for them too. Do all these R1 companies deliver from outside the UK?

Should be customs safe from Movietyme & Loaded247.

You'd be taking a chance with PlayUSA. I know people who have ordered stuff over the £17.99 limit from them and have got away with it and others who have been caught out and had to pay the duty.

Hi,

American Gothic will never get a widescreen release anywhere in the world, because the show was never filmed in anything other than a 4:3 format.

The show was made back in 1994/95 for a 1995/96 transmission. At that time, widescreen TV was almost unheard of, and hence the show was filmed in 4:3 only.

Thus, the DVD set will be the exact same format that was shown on UK and US TV!

Pooch

P.S. The woman who played Caleb's sister, actress Sarah Paulson, is seen in the "Serenity" movie as the ghost captain of the ship towards the end of that final part of that film! :lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom