American DV 27-help!

W

wavimm

I'm going to import the fmj 27a from the u.s.
Does the american have the scart contact?
and does it work with 230/50w?
Thank you!
ari from norway.

surely it has to be cheaper to import from the UK?

ad

Norway's not in the EU, so wavimm would have to pay VAT and Import Duty buying from either USA or EU; although his shipping would be cheaper.

StooMonster

oooops sorry..... id still like to think from UK would be cheaper though..... after all there isnt the US distributor getting the cut and in theory the vat wouldnt have to be paid for th UK.....

ad

Norway is not in the EU?

Don't they use the €?

Originally posted by mjn
Norway is not in the EU?

Don't they use the €?
Of course they don't use Euro as their currency if they are not in EU, they use Norwegian Kroner.

Ah... I've spend many months on several occations working in Norway (Oslo, Stavanger, Trondheim): beautiful country, can be cold (-40C or -40F is really cold), no night in summer and no day in winter, Auroras light up the sky, expensive drinking, fjords, hering, football obsession, skiing, etc.

Nope, not in EU and never have been. http://www.aksess.no/nteu/eng/ will fill you in.

StooMonster

so they're not!

Anyway, will an USA 27 play NTSC AND PAL?

Also doubt there will be a SCART.

Ive never really considered this before..... but at a guess id not imagine there to be any physical difference...... after all arcam are a smallish operation and even smaller in the US...... i'll be interested to hear the truth

ad

Looks like this never really got answered, so maybe this will help...

I'm in the US and have a DV88 Plus. It has the Scart connector, and all the PAL selections available in the setup menu. There's also a switch to set supply voltage between 110/220. I'd bet the DV27 is configured similarly.

So getting a US model to work probably means setting the voltage switch, accessing the service menu to configure region, and getting the appropriate power cable.

Dean

Top man Dean :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom