1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

american camcorders

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by indio uk, May 26, 2003.

1. indio uk

indio uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am of to the usa soon and had planned to buy a new camcorder, what are the pitfalls of doing this?
    i understand there could be a problem if something goes wrong, but what about the pal or ntsc format? are pal format camcorders readily avalible in the usa, if i bought an ntsc format one, how do you watch it on a tv and record to video tape with it .

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    You can get PAL camcorders in the USA, but not as easily as an NTSC. They are also more expensive than an NTSC model. In the large tourist areas you should have no problems finding PAL models.
    Check that the cam has a worldwide guarentee, so it can get repaired in UK if needed.
    Most modern TV's & VCR's can play back NTSC video, but the quality is often lower as it is just an analogue conversion useing lower cost components. You can convert NTSC to PAL on a PC in software if editing on a PC. This will give a far higher quality conversion.
    Be aware though that bringing a camcorder back into the UK you can be charged VAT & inport duty if caught.

Mark.

3. indio uk

indio uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mark
    whats the best software for the pc?