Amelie & Taxi DTS

P

Popester

Firstly anyone know when Amelie is out and if the R1 or R2 UK version will have all the extras subtitled that are on the French version? Anyone know if the French version is fully subtitled anyway?

Also anyone have the Taxi DTS version - is it subtitled?

Thanks

The French release of Amelie is subtitled in French only (and 4:3 instead of widescreen :eek:). Don't know when UK or R1 release is due.

I haven't seen a DTS version of Taxi - only Dolby 2.0! English subtitles.

There is a Taxi DTS version you can check it out at amazon.fr - I had the 2.0 version but girlfriend took it with her when she cleared off........

Unfortunately it's a bit crap on the specs.

Disappointed to hear the Amelie DVd is not subtitled - bloody Frogs......

Will have to wait for the UK version which no doubt will appear pretty rapidly I imagine. The French release is 2 disks and chocca with extras.

By the way - it's a fantastic film if no one's seen it yet.

Originally posted by Popester

Disappointed to hear the Amelie DVd is not subtitled - bloody Frogs......

Just why do you think the release of a French film in France for a Francophone audience would be subtitled in English? Bloody Rosbiff......

go to dddhouse.com!!!

here you will find taxi 2 in DTS w/s with English subs for about a tenner!!!!!!!

Originally posted by flunchy

Just why do you think the release of a French film in France for a Francophone audience would be subtitled in English? Bloody Rosbiff......

Probably for the same reasons my R2 UK versions of films have French subtitles.......

Vive Les Rosbifs!!!!!!

:))

Ah, but these would be R2 versions of Hollywood films, destined for worldwide release. All will have already been released in Canada where all films have to be at least subtitled in French. Hence the studio has already paid for the translation.

Most French-made films never get released outside the French-speaking world, in which case why go to the expense of including subtitles? The exception are films such as Amelie, Jean de Florette, Le Grand Bleu, etc.

For Amelie we'll just have to wait for the R1 and UK releases. What's the betting that the R1 will have all the extras and DTS sound, whereas the UK will be a single disc in Dolby Surround only... thank God for multi-region DVD players.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom