1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amelie - Special Edition

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Iam, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got this, & if so, in the words of Eric Idle, what's it like?

In particular, are the extras worth paying for?

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine's on its way from CD-WOW. The way I saw it, it was worth the extra £3 for the 2nd disk and the digipak. Sorry I can't tell you what the extras are like yet :)

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just watched mine. The extras are great. In particular, there's a Q&A session with the cast and director that's very amusing :) There's some behind the scenes stills, some footage showing the transformations of the actors into their on-screen roles, screen tests, an interview with the director.... There's also other stuff that I better not tell you about because it's related to the plot of the movie (one easter egg in particular springs to mind :D).

All the menus are superbly done. Transfer quality is excellent. I wonder if it's been upped a bit on the SE as it goes since the movie stands alone on Disk 1....

4. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the info ... I'll see how my funds go, before buying.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're welcome. I should have also said that it's my second favourite film of the year after Donnie Darko. It's a magnificent movie - a masterpiece :)