amd llano won't boot

empyphil

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have just put together my new amd llano setup. I am having problems getting it to boot though. I think it may be a problem with the PSU though.

I got a GByte GA-A55M-S2HP
AMD Lanno A6 the tipple core one
Patriot SSD
DVD Drive
2 Fans

Now the reason I think it is a PSU problem is because I have tried another psu which is 150w, the system boots and I can change bios settings fine. The one in my new build is a 400w Antec High current psu, when I use this the fans spin for a few seconds, the cpu fan sort of judders a bit like its trying to start up then everything then dies. I have to manually turn off the psu with the switch for a seconds before I can attempt a reboot again.

I have jumped the power supply and that seems to work fine. Is there sort of a minimum wattage which must be applied in order to boot the PSU? Maybe my new build isnt drawing enough power and its turning off. Any help please guys im going crazy :lease:

Don't think there is a minimum wattage. Make sure the power connectors are in correctly to the motherboard like the CPU one they can go on incorrectly. Sounds like a good chance it could be faulty if it worked with the other PSU

Im going to try the psu in another computer, grr kind of annoying dead on arrival.

Well it works in my other pc , strange. Ive allready tested the RAM in another pc.

You're not going crazy. I had a very similar issue 2 weeks ago when an XFX Core edition power supply (same Seasonic platform as high current gamer I think) would not work on a system I built but did on another one at home. An older Seasonic I had worked with both. No idea why but exactly as you described.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom