Amd 7000 GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I'm thinking of replacing my GTX 480 in the first half of next year and that looks seriously tempting.

Hmm, I'm thinking of replacing my GTX 480 in the first half of next year and that looks seriously tempting.

Not tempted by whatever the nvidia equivalent would be?

looks pretty sporty lol....:D

Do we have info on it?

None that I know of but they always are about as good as each other, bet they'll both cost a kidney though, I dont think I'd go amd again because of the lackluster driver support and that games never work off the bat for them

Some early benches show it holding its own against dual GPU cards :eek: Still need to see some more benches from the usuals before I get too excited. Besides I have my 580 arrive tomoz. All the cool kids hang back a generation :cool:

Long!

Attachments

• 600x450px-LL-601b6829_Radeon-HD-7970-Tahiti-XT-03.jpeg
    600x450px-LL-601b6829_Radeon-HD-7970-Tahiti-XT-03.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 188
I'm going to hold onto my 6970 for dear life, and probably buy a second one when this begins to struggle (in whatever amount of time that games progress so much I'll need another card!)

Nvidia fan boy here, I really don't like AMD.

Yea its tempting. but i will need a waterblock for it :)

Will never go back to air cooling:devil:

Yea its tempting. but i will need a waterblock for it :)

Will never go back to air cooling:devil:

That's the biggest problem with water-cooling is factoring the extra expense of the block.

Look forward to seeing this, hopefully it will be a powerful bit of kit.

Personally I'm not convinced I need to update my gtx480 yet. Very few games that actually push it especially as most games are ports, still nice to see new kit :)

Last edited:
About bloody time!
I've been waiting around for these for months...............................
Been wanting to dump my crossfire setup for ages.

I can see some cheap as chips 6950/6970's hitting the secondhand market soon....perhaps it's time for crossfire!

Personally I'm not convinced I need to update my gtx480 yet. Very few games that actually push it especially as most games are ports, still nice to see new kit :)

Pretty much in the same boat as you mate. I hardly ever have to use my 2nd 480, games just dont seem to be using the power a pc can provide.

Nice to see a next gen gpu being pushed out, hopefully it will be a nice upgrade from the last generation of cards and they up the IQ and add in some new types of AA or other graphical goodies. Competition is always good in the market place. :)

There are only 2 reasons i will likely build a whole new pc next year.

1) I'm stupid with money and burn it
2) I always want the latest and greatest

Although the extra memory may well be beneficial if i decide go for 3 screens as the 1.5gb may struggle.

I'll never understand this........

Because Nvidia is better? at least for me anyway, 3D Vision, PhysX amongst other things.

I mean look at Bulldozer, it's a complete failure from AMD.

I'll always be Nvidia and Intel. :D

Because Nvidia is better? at least for me anyway, 3D Vision, PhysX amongst other things.

I mean look at Bulldozer, it's a complete failure from AMD.

I'll always be Nvidia and Intel. :D

And nvidia driver support and general compatibility with new releases is far better, and before I get any flack for being a fanboy i have an amd card, its just not as good as the equivalent nvidia imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom