AMD 4850e + AMD 780G + Omaura TF5, best cpu fan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_b0b

Novice Member
As title really,

Can anyone recommed a decent low profile quiet fan for the 4850e cpu that will fit inside the omaura TF5 case ?

Thanks.

Tumble

Novice Member
check out www.quietpc.com

Theoretically you shouldn't need anything other than what comes with the 4850e - but I have been running this CPU for 2 days and it gets a bit excited with HD/Bluray playback - & no it is not what I'm playing!!

Media-Man

Novice Member
the copper 1U AM2 cooler from Hiper is very good and will fit the TF5.
QuietPC don't do these or anything small enough (a 1U cooler is what you're looking for)

tinners

Novice Member
http://www.cpu3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17462

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=nt07-am2&area=usa
Developed with advanced design for use with cases that utilize mobile on desktop processors, the NT07-AM2 is the ideal replacement CPU cooler for those who needs quieter performance or has tight space requirements. Constructed out of aluminum block, the NT07-AM2 is capable of delivering superior heat absorbing ability than the average mobile CPU cooler of larger size. Mated with a carefully selected 80mm fan, with total height of only 37mm, it operates in impressively low noise level with plenty of airflow thanks to its smaller hub with improved fan blade design. The NT07-AM2 can be used in any enclosures (including the super-slim SilverStone LC19 and ML02) with satisfying results.

Tumble

Novice Member
the copper 1U AM2 cooler from Hiper is very good and will fit the TF5.
QuietPC don't do these or anything small enough (a 1U cooler is what you're looking for)
I think that is good advice. I don't know which board you are looking at. I've got the Asus mATX version and you haven't got a lot of room. The Northbridge cooler on this board is very close to the cpu and is really quite tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom