• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ambilight Question?

J

Jepsen

I am looking for an 37" 9986 and I came to wonder?

The Ambilight is that somethink you turn on yourself or what?

I mean do I have to have the light turned on when looking at

Tv in the evening?

Hunterm8

Standard Member
theres on/off. dynamic which tries to copy the majority screen colour which changes as the picture changes and is quite cool and other solid colour presets as well as a scale to make your own colour.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
I thought it was a gimmick which just pushes up the price of the panel but it actually works and looks good and I've kept it in Dynamic mode all the time. Having said that if there had been a variant of the pf9986 range without the ambilight for a X amount less then I would have bought that, even better if there have been a model without the speakers:)

jimsan

Starburst said:
I thought it was a gimmick which just pushes up the price of the panel but it actually works and looks good and I've kept it in Dynamic mode all the time. Having said that if there had been a variant of the pf9986 range without the ambilight for a X amount less then I would have bought that, even better if there have been a model without the speakers:)
You mean the 9976! (almost)

If the 9976 had PP2 it would be exactly what you wanted!

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom