Ambilight issues

Drdense

Has anyone experienced an issue with the ambilight taking a few seconds to react to a picture? I have a video but can't post it as its the wrong format (using my phone) it happens fairly often. It reacts to movements absolutely fine, just seems to be a delay in scene changes sometimes. I have had this issue on both the android 10 and the newer android 11 firmwares. Have a ticket with Philips but not expecting much from them. Sent them the clip but they also want logs. It's an intermittent issue that is totally random so I have told them that unless they want to pay me then they can do their own testing.

We buy these tvs to work, and if there's an issue then inform philips for them to rectify, we do not buy them to do their testing for them.

Mat xxl

Novice Member
Maybe it would also be good, on which TV model do you have these problems and what year is it?

Last edited:

Darbo

Please keep to English in these forums
I don't understand why you wouldn't send the logs, you'd be helping yourself and others, we've all done it one time or another for various issues.
Is this happening on all ambilight settings? Or just a particular one?

Starf1sh

We buy these tvs to work, and if there's an issue then inform philips for them to rectify, we do not buy them to do their testing for them.
There is no such thing as bug-free software. There are so many hardware combinations factored by software settings that it's impossible to test them all. Or well, yeah, possible, but your x06 set would double or triple the price to cover QA costs but they do exactly what every other software/hardware company does - test the most common setups. With my setup, for instance, I don't fall into the issues you mentioned with Ambilight. And I use Ambilight for the last 10 years, I would have spotted it very soon.

To fix the bug they have to replicate it in their setup. Log file would be the best helper for engineers to understand: a) hardware setup b) software settings c) steps you did d) catch any errors or exceptions. You are not doing their work, you help yourself and maybe a few other fellas to get rid of the issue for the specific setup that was not covered by their tests. The same would apply to any other TV manufacturer actually but not all of them would really care about your issue to fix it (while Philips actually fixed a few bugs reported by the community for my past 6703 for example).

Darbo

There is no such thing as bug-free software. There are so many hardware combinations factored by software settings that it's impossible to test them all. Or well, yeah, possible, but your x06 set would double or triple the price to cover QA costs but they do exactly what every other software/hardware company does - test the most common setups. With my setup, for instance, I don't fall into the issues you mentioned with Ambilight. And I use Ambilight for the last 10 years, I would have spotted it very soon.

To fix the bug they have to replicate it in their setup. Log file would be the best helper for engineers to understand: a) hardware setup b) software settings c) steps you did d) catch any errors or exceptions. You are not doing their work, you help yourself and maybe a few other fellas to get rid of the issue for the specific setup that was not covered by their tests. The same would apply to any other TV manufacturer actually but not all of them would really care about your issue to fix it (while Philips actually fixed a few bugs reported by the community for my past 6703 for example).
They can take their time but Philips do get there, while software is their weakness out of the box, they do listen and they do fix issues in my experience.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom