Ambilight+Hue not showing all bulbs

Kier

I have a Philips 50PUS7855 with the latest system software, but I’m having problems with Ambilight+Hue - after I’ve connected the bridge, a seemingly random (but consistent) selection of bulbs is displayed, and while I’ve seen video demos of the list being scrollable, mine seems hard-locked to 10 bulbs with no overflow scroll available.

I’ve checked that all the bulbs have IDs on the bridge lower than 50, and the bulbs shown have IDs ranging from 15 to 44, but the specific ones I want are not listed at all - I actually want bulbs 15, 16, 17, 27 and 34, but of these, only 15, 16 and 17 are shown in the list.

I’ve reset the configuration and re-paired the bridge several times, and even gone as far as doing a complete reinstall of the TV, but the issue persists and the selection of bulbs shown remains the same.

Has anyone encountered and resolved a problem like this?

l00pu5

Are all Hue lamps of the same model, or are we talking about a "mixed" setup? Not all Hue lamps are accepted for being associated to the TV's Ambilight - basically, only Hue lamps with actual color reproduction capabilities will be listed, dimmable white lamps will (intentionally) not be shown.

Kier

Yes, all the bulbs are colour capable genuine Hue units.

I’ve seen various threads around suggesting that Ambilight+Hue creates a Hue Entertainment Zone that can be reviewed in the Hue app, but I’m definitely not seeing this - can anyone confirm that this is the expected behaviour?

l00pu5

That would depend on the type of the lamp & whether this lamp type is even eligible to using the Entertainment API - if I think for example of the LCG002 (Bloom), these would still be using the legacy API.

Hence, what lamp models are you actually using?

Kier

They're all Hue B22 and E27 bulbs, which I can add to a manually-created entertainment zone in the app

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom