• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ambilight 15cm stand offs

DrewWatson

Novice Member
I just went though the effort of putting up my 65" led TV on the wall and then realized I needed to give 15cm gap from the wall for the lights to work well.

I am thinking of getting some 150mm stand offs and 165mm screws so I have to have 15mm in the TV and the rest in the stand offs.

Do you think this Will cause issues or increase the chance of the TV falling off?

Supermal

I just went though the effort of putting up my 65" led TV on the wall and then realized I needed to give 15cm gap from the wall for the lights to work well.

I am thinking of getting some 150mm stand offs and 165mm screws so I have to have 15mm in the TV and the rest in the stand offs.

Just leave as is.Standing off will make it less stable.

Last edited:

markfawcett

Do you think this Will cause issues or increase the chance of the TV falling off?
You don’t necessarily need a 15cm gap. Below is a picture of my TV and the wall gap is less than 10cm as it’s a cantilever mount but I very rarely use it that way, just end up having it flat against the wall.

Attachments

• DFE72DD5-2341-4A0F-AE14-2392435685A9.jpeg
    DFE72DD5-2341-4A0F-AE14-2392435685A9.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 95

DrewWatson

Novice Member
You don’t necessarily need a 15cm gap. Below is a picture of my TV and the wall gap is less than 10cm as it’s a cantilever mount but I very rarely use it that way, just end up having it flat against the wall.
Previously I had the TV on a stand around 25cm from the wall and the colour 'splash' was awesome would like to keep that.

You might be right about a canter leaver, as the side it's kinda visible when walking into the room so this could be adjusted when on movie nights

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom