Ambient Lighting On A Plasma TV.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Just wondering if the Blue LED lighting i have at the rear of my Panasonic G20 will have any affect on my calibration or will it improve things.
I have read about the 6500K but there seems to be conflicting reports on how any sort of lighting has on a calibrated panel.:)

Cheers
Barry.

Piers

Just wondering if the Blue LED lighting i have at the rear of my Panasonic G20 will have any affect on my calibration or will it improve things.
I have read about the 6500K but there seems to be conflicting reports on how any sort of lighting has on a calibrated panel.:)

Cheers
Barry.
The standard "ISF line" on this is that bias lighting is recommended, should be of an intensity that is no more than 10% of the peak white level of the plasma, and should be of a colour that matches D65. A blue back light therefore does not conform to the standard but may be better than nothing.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Can any one please tell me how i measure ambient light on the back of my tv with the Eye One LT.:confused:

Thanks
Barry.

vyogee

Can any one please tell me how i measure ambient light on the back of my tv with the Eye One LT.:confused:

Thanks
Barry.
I believe you could point the EyeOne (u probably need to ensure that you are not catching the light from the display (so essentially with display off) to the wall and take a reading. The Y that you get (although it is illuminance and not luminance in this way) shd be about 10% of the peak white that you measure off the screen (100% white reading from the display)

Again, this is my method of checking a suggested intensity of the ambient light.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom